Toshiba MTS Problem....HELP!

Username: Robssweepergirl

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 1
I just bought a new Toshiba model 27A34 TV.

I cannot get stereo sound from the TV.

When I tune to a channel broadcasting in stereo (verified on another TV), it is in mono on the new Toshiba TV.

When I select recall on the remote, it does not display "Stereo" on the screen, it only shows the time, channel and rating of program.

When I select MTS on the remote, it only shows "mono" on the screen...no other options are available to toggle between.

When I read the owners manual, troubleshooting section, "No stereo or SAP sound from a known MTS broadcast" it only says "Make sure MTS is set properly."

How do I set the MTS properly when the MTS button only offers mono as an option?

Any help getting this TV to produce stereo sound would be greatly appreciated.

WillK100
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 38
I used to own a Toshiba and remember what you're talking about as it relates to MTS because I went through the same thing. All I can say is that it's a very simple fix, and you need to play around and experiment with your audio settings with your remote. Sorry, I cant give you an exact answer because it's been months since I gave the TV away, and I dont have the menues handy to give you direct answer.

If I remember correctly, you want to turn MTS off, and select SAP???

You just need to experiment.

WillK100
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the input Paul. It is too bad you don't remember what you did. I am glad to hear that it is a simple fix. Now all I have to do is figure out how to fix it. I will keep messing with it.

Thanks,
William

Username: Rogerdodger

Post Number: 1
Getting same problem being unable to highlight MTS so that I can change from MONO to STEREO on my new Toshiba 34HFX84 TV. Did anyone find a fix for this problem?

Thanks,
Roger

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
If you have your display set to "VIDEO" mode you will not able to adjust the sound. Change the video mode to "MOVIE" or whatever the other mode is called and it will work fine when you go to the MTS menu.

How to enter your service menu on you 34HFX84 if you need to:

Turn the volume on the set down to 0, then hold the number 9 on the remote for 3 secs and then you will be in the service mode. You can scroll through the service items with the channel up/down buttons and you can change the values of the items with the volume up/down buttons.

My Disclaimer: ENTER THE SERVICE MENU AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IN THE SERVICE MENU MAY VERY WELL RENDER YOUR DISPLAY COMPLETELY USELESS.

xvxvxvx

Username: Rogerdodger

Post Number: 2
I received the following instructions from Toshiba support today regarding my inability to select the AUDIO's MTS "STEREO" setting Toshiba 34HFX84 TV. Apparently I still get stereo through the other input audio cables (other than ANT1 or ANT2) and will get the stereo sound but won't see the STEREO caption on the TV. Toshiba service stated "The MTS selection is only available when you are using the TVs tuner (ANT1 or ANT2). MTS is not available when you are in a video mode. If you are in a video mode, the TV is playing whatever type of sound you have connected to that particular input. For example, if you are in Video 1 and you have a yellow, red and white connected to that input, the TV would be broadcasting Stereo in video one.
Since you have red and white wires going from your cable box to the TV, you need to make sure that the Audio Settings in your cable box are correct. If they are, and you can hear sound out of both TV speakers, then you are getting stereo.
Toshiba Customer Service"

Sammygnote2000
Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba 51HX84 Projection TV set 1.5 yrs old. My TV makes a clicking sound while I am watching it and it turns off and right back on. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the TV and how to fix? Please help!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2598
Something is obviously wrong with it, and it needs service. Otherise, you wouldnt have that problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us