52HM84 Toshiba and Comcast HD box

Username: Salg

Post Number: 1
When I have the Comcast box set to 1080i I get NO picture trying to use the HDMI/DVI cable. If I set the setting to 480i it works? Is anyone having the same issue? Could it be the cable box? I have tried two different cables. I get the 1080i reception using the component cables but I am trying to get a better reception by using the HDMI connection on the TV. The DVI connection is on the cable box (Motorola box)

jeffster8
Unregistered guest
I beleave HDMI/DVI is disabled on the comcast box (Motorola box)

Anonymous

The Toshiba guide says you must power on the tv first, then the DVI component which, for you and me, is the Comcast box. I have tried this idea several different ways with no luck. When I try to modify my settings like you described above, I have no luck either. My only solution so far was to call Comcast and have them reset the box by remote. But as soon as I switch to a different input on the TV, I'm screwed. You're not alone with this damn thing. :-)

Username: Salg

Post Number: 2
PROBLEM RESOLVED! (Anonymous you're right)

When turning "on" the power:
Power up the TV first
Power up the DVI device (cable box)

When turning "off" the power:
Power off the cable box first
Power off the TV

The above works about 90% of the time. I do believe "they" are working on a fix that won't require any sequence...

ALSO, after all of this, I see no appreciative difference between the HDMI/DVI and component cables!

Joel Diggity
Unregistered guest
Had the exact same problem with the 62HM84 :-( Finally decided to return the DVI-HDMI cable and stick with the component cables. I went back and forth several times and never noticed ANY difference! The cables are such a rip-off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us