Denon DVD2200 vs Pioneer Elite 47A

Username: Icehawk5

Post Number: 5
Anybody done any direct comparisons of these two products. I am ready to upgrade to a hybrid DVD player and want a good player for <$1,000 USD. I've seen the Denon for $500 and the Pioneer elites for about $400. From what I've read the Denon gives incredible bang for the buck, not really requiring me to spend more for the Denon-2900 as most of the attractive features are on both units. The Pioneer elite's come somewhat cheaper (used), but suffers from the chroma-bug according to several reviews.

I'm not fanatical about needing I-link since my receiver doesn't take it. I'm more interested in video performance and access to the SACD and DVD-A formats.

I've looked into a Marantz 6400, but I can't seem to find many on-line sellers in Canada or the US, and forget about local sellers where I live.

I'm wondering if anybody has an opinion or knows of a fatal flaw in either of these product lines?

Richard Alan
Unregistered guest
Where have you found a Denon 2900 for $500.00?
Thanks,
Alan

Username: Icehawk5

Post Number: 6
Not the 2900, the 2200. The 2200 can be had for less than $500 at a number of e-retailers. I've seen a 2900 on E-bay for < $500, but the auction got yanked fairly quickly. Safe to say, not likely any legitimate 2900's on for $500.

Username: Meecha

Post Number: 9
which e-retailers did you see the 2200 on for less than $500. Is it cdn pricing? Where I live in stores its $1000.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 62
well i just picked up the denon 2200 and let me
say very nice. (both audio and video) $525 us
locally.

took it to a friends house who has a nice setup.
aerial acousics speakers theta digital amp.
and the pioneer elite 47avi plus an elite hdtv.

and we both agree the denon sounds much better
also so far they seem very equal on video.

so anyone looking to spend $500 or less on a nice
universal player can't go wrong with the denon.

exceptional audio on all formats including cd's,
and exelent video performance to boot.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us