Is A Kenwood DV-5700 Refurb A Good Idea?

Username: Kid_koala

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
I have a Kenwood Sovereign VR-5090 receiver and Sony Wega KV-36XBR450 television, and I'm finally looking to upgrade my 1999 Sony DVD player. The first question I have is:

- My Kenwood receiver is THX Select Certified... do I need a THX Certified DVD Player to take better advantage of that fact (or is having the receiver enough)?

Neither SACD, MP3/WMA Support nor DVD-Audio are of great importance to me (should they be?). And multiple DVD carousels aren't really important either. The most important thing I care about is great picture quality... but not at a ridiculous price or anything. Kenwood isn't necessarily a brand I'm married to, but I was thinking about this (it's a bit older, but the refurbished price is right... and it seems to do what I care about most: provide great quality):

Kenwood DV-5700 5 Disc DVD Player

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on anything better? I could see going up to $350-400 (even if it's older). Also, any reason why a "refurbished product" shouldn't be considered?

Thanks so much for the time if anyone can lend a hand,
KK

Anonymous

I have this dvd player and the picture looks great even though I haven't been able to compare it to any other players, the only thing I really don't like is that it cannot be region unlocked, and I have tones of european movies...
might be useful to know...

Username: Aldosdad

Post Number: 1
Hey Kid,

I am staring at the box of my (new to me) refurbished DV-5700 that I just bought shipped for 134.95. www.ecost.com Type in dv-5700 and it will link you new and refurb
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us