HOOKUP VCR TO THRU CABLE BOX

Jeanne
Unregistered guest
without giving details, unhooked functioning Toshiba VCR Model W422 and now cannot reattach and get it to work.I connected the output cable from the cable box to the top and the cable from the TV at the bottom of the VCR. The remote doesn't work. I get black & white lines on the screen when I turn on the VCR power. I am a technological dunce. Not even sure how this forum works. But I'll try anything!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 550
The cable from the box should go to in on the VCR, the cable to the TV on out of the VCR. Set the VCR on whatever channel you set the TV on to watch the cable box, set the TV on either 3 or 4.

Unregistered guest
I had a setup in my bedroom with a TV and a VCR connected to cable. No problems. I switched the TV so that I could have closed captioning (I'm going deaf)! When I reconnected everything, the picture on the TV was terrible. I had the cable company come and check it out, since I had reconnected everything exactly as before. He said that the TV's cable input receptor was faulty and he used RCA Video Connectors and told me to always have the TV on "Video" and it would be fine. That is true. However, now I cannot record on the VCR. Not sure what the problem is. Any help out there? Thank you.

dave1027
Unregistered guest
I just switched to digital cable and I can't figure out how to record to my VCR from the digital cable. How should it be hooked up to make the VCR record from the cable?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1158
If the box has RCA jacks, connect those to the in on the VCR and set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
Have a peculiar (Zenith)TV--there is only one cable connection, not two "In" and "Out". So I bought a double splitter so that I could attach the VCR cable to the TV and then another to the second adapter where the TV and Stereo are also connected to the cable coming in and I switch the TV channel to 3.

But I get not too bad sound and a very bad picture--diagonal lines and what looks like mostly TV and very little movie.

Can you tell me how to deal with this?

Many thanks

Unregistered guest
How do I hook up a tv, vcr, dvd player and Dish box? 4 separate pieces of equipment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us