Watching and recording

Is there any chance to record satelite program , and watch other satelite program with one receiver at same time? Does receiver encode only one channel at same time.
What is the difference between SONY SLV-N80 and SLV-N81 ?

Hi, My husband says with our vcr hook up it makes our tv, picture less clear. We now have a large screen tv, so he has hoooked up the vcr( a citizen4-head) to our smaller tv. i would like to know is there any special way to hook up our vcr to our large screen tv and still retain a clear picture? We now have digital cable. Looking forward to your reply, thanks, Ellie

eCoustics
This diagram explains VCR to TV hookups:
http://www.monstercable.com/hookup/vcr_tv_hookup.html

An S-VHS VCR will display a better picture, as long as your TV has S-Video Inputs. But the movies/tapes also have to be S-VHS to see the improved resolution.

Can someone please help? I have a Motorola DCT2000 digital cable converter. I want to be able to hook up the converter to my TV and VCR so I can take advantage of PIP and also be able to record one channel while watching another. Is this possible?

Derek
You wont be able to watch two different channels if you have digital cable unless you have an outdoor antenna.

You can see your VCR in PIP, however...

Turn your VCR on and connect it to the A/V inputs of your TV.
Hit the PIP button on your TVs remote. You should see the same channel you see on the main screen.
Hit the Video button on your TVs remote until you see the VCR.

You are done.

Hope this helps.

Is there any chance to record satelite program , and watch other satelite program with one receiver at same time? Does receiver encode only one channel at same time.

Derek
DirecTivo can record one channel and let you watch another IF the receiver has two antenna inputs AND you have the dish connected to them. I also seam to remember RCA making an integrated HDTTV that could do this as well.

Hope this helps.

Need some clarification. I have a Hitachi 36UX59B PIP w/dual tuner, Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sound System, SCHT75, VCR player (can't remember which brand). I most recently received a Motoralo Digital Converter Box DCT2000. Our cable company is telling me that I can not record to the VCR unless I am watching the same program! Can anyone clarify this info or help on how to connect all of these components. Currently, I have lost the ability to have PIP also.

Username: Paddybhoy

Post Number: 1
I have recently purchased a Panasonic 100hz tv, dvd, video and a digital satelite reciever. How do I connect them to the tv, I can't seem to record from sky idgibox help me pleeeeeze

Gloriann gile
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic PVHS 2000 Showstopper Recorder and have lost the manual, I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to hook it up to my TV. Thnaks so much.

Unregistered guest
I want to know how to install my satelite and my vcr, so that I may have chance to record from satelite programme

Unregistered guest
OK - new Phillips TV - Old VCR...analog cable to VCR to TV - isn't recording/play back correctly.

The image and sound are goofy, i can correct temporarily w/tracking but goes back to icky after a few mins. Any suggetions?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 320
Probably needs cleaned.

Username: Angalfire

LondonEngland

Post Number: 1
i have a JVC vcr, and i have a panasonic TV and i wanna transfer my TV programs to my VCR and i wanna know that how can i transfer them from TV to VCR i shall be waiting fro ur reply. i want to record from tv to vcr

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
How can you record from your TV? The TV doesn't store programs, don't get the question.

Unregistered guest
while watching television the latest trend i.e.we can watch two channels parallely at a time on single screen(videocon and...).how it happens like that.whats the principle behind that operation

Unregistered guest
I have a regular VCR with a remote that goes from 0-9 and says if I wnt to go to cable numbers I can punch the 100 key and 1.. will come up and then I put in the other two numbers. Well, I have a Satelite and the numbers I want to record are 256 or 300+. Is there any way possible for me to do this? My VCR is a RCA # VR627HF. Thanks for any help. And PLEASE, use layman terms. I'm not really familar with recording period!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 670
If you have a satellite then you should be using RCA jacks from the satellite to the VCR and setting the VCR to line. When you want to record set the satellite on the channel you want, with the VCR on line. If you want to timer record you have to set 2 timers, 1 on the satellite, the other on the VCR. Be sure the VCR is on line.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 75
As to Samir's original post, I know of no way to accomplish his objective with the standard satellite receiver. He could certainly watch satellite and record from some other source (for example, cable tv) or vice versa at the same time.

emilycatherine
Unregistered guest
i have a camcorder and i want to put those recordings on a tape so i can make family/home videos but my dad says u need a remote w/ a video output button on it or something but we lost it. is there any other possible way that i can record it onto a tape? please? its really urgent - its for a project for my school. thanks - emily

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
Connect to the VCR with RCA jacks and set the VCR to line. If there isn't a remote for the VCR, try going through the channels and see if you get to line, if not you need the remote.

Anonymous

Hello,
I need help with recording a program from the tv to the vcr.
I've tried countless time to record from the tv to the vcr and it just won't work. i don't know if the connections were not right or what? i need someone to please help me here

Gold Member

Post Number: 1476
Without you telling what the connections are it's pretty hard to say if they are right or not.

Unregistered guest
I have a sattelite and a Symphonic t.v.. I also have a JVC vcr. I want to record from sattelite to vhs tape. The channels do not go high enough on the vcr. Would love to know how to program and tape my favorite shows.

Unregistered guest
I have sattelite and a Symphonic t.v.. I also have a JVC vcr. I want to record from sattelite to vhs tape. The channels do not go high enough on the vcr. Would love to know how to program and tape my favorite shows.

beejay1955
Unregistered guest
I have an older Symphonic TV/VCR combo and have lost the manual. I can't figure out how to set it for timed recording. I went to menu and put in all the information (date, time, etc), but when I finish that step, I can't figure out where to go from there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1656
Someone in the White Westinghouse strip said you hold the power button for 5 seconds. They are probably both Funai.

Unregistered guest
i need to record from the tv cable to the vcr and i have the cable connected to the vcr n then another cable connected from the vcr to the tv and they are in the right tv input slots from the vcr but every time i put the video in to record it starts playing the video n not the cable what can i do??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
Is the record tab broken out of the back of the videotape? If so, use another videotape or cover the opening with tape.

lmntgmry7752
Unregistered guest
we have a sattelite/vcr hookup and I moved the vcr to another place and it didn't work so I moved it back, now I can't get the vcr to play

Anonymous

I am trying to record from tv to vcr, connected cables but picture don't show up, i can only hear audio. please help

jddhgd
Unregistered guest
I have a Symphonic TV and have lost the remote. How do I get to the line in channel so I can watch DVD's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1764
If there isn't a TV/AUX or something like that on the TV, and you can't get there by going through the channels, you need a remote.

mariev
Unregistered guest
I have a Symphonic 27" TV. The remote control works periodically. I bought a universal thinking the original was bad and it works periodically too. What is wrong? Did the battery change etc. Can it be the TV?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us