Reccomend DVD recorder for me

funny bobby
Unregistered guest
Can I get some info on what a good standalone recorder is. I did some research for quality in the recording times and it seems they can only fit 2 good hours on a single layer disc. anything above that will look like crap they said. Can someone give some more details.

Also I wanted to know if you could do some editing, like adding a menu, chapters, editing commercials out and such.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 545
DVD-RAM is the best for editing, but it's only compatible with a few players, mostly Panasonic. I never go over 2 hours. Discs are cheap, why sacrifice quality over pennies. if you go over 2 hours the resolution drops to half what it is in SP.

Anonymous

Never heard of ram is this a derad format? Go cyberhome they make all the loaders in the dvd recorders for the big brand names and they themselves make exellent dvd recorders check they web site for detales.

Username: Andersenja

Augusta, Ga

Post Number: 7
As D.Massey recommended to me, I recently purchased the JVC DR-M10. It's been really good so far after about 100 recordings. If the movie goes over 2 hrs, it has a feature called Free Rate where you can choose the length in increments all the way up to 3 hrs and beyond. I've recorded many movies over 2 hrs and the quality has been fine. If you go past 2 3/4 hrs, the quality dips, but up to that point, it's been good.

Username: Sayea_kim

Post Number: 2
I went thru 3 samsung dvd players in one month. stay away from the latest one with Hi Def output. the dvi cable that the include is a real cheap one. the player kept skipping. when i went to circuit city the manager said he had over 30 units returned since christmas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us