Emerson DVD Recorder EMR10D4 to VCR

Username: Mnkeits02

Michigan City, Indiana USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I can tell when i talk to service centers i am getting "glazed looks" over the phone. I am trying to convert many home made vcr tapes (home movies, old tapes (pre-macrovision in public domain, etc.) to DVD. So copyright or macrovision is not an issue. These tapes when played through many different VCR's play just fine with no manual tracking adjustment necessary. But now these same tapes when played through the DVD recorder are "unforgiving" in tracking (i repeat, when viewed through the Rec Monitor on the DVD). In most cases the tape picture will shake horizontally, or the just the top part of the screen will shake, or sometimes a screen full of "venetian blinds" (horizontal white stripes) will fly through the screen from right to left (also with the horizontal shakes). These are all tracking issues with VCR. It is like the DVD and the VCR won't work together. I have tried three different VCR's with the DVD recorder with the same result. If i turn the DVD recorder off and am looking at the tapes in their original form (not through DVD) they look fine. Please help me. I am sure my connections are right. Am within warranty and somehow i think i may have to exchange this to see if i get the same result with a different machine. But what would really be great is if i can find someone here who knows what i am talking about. Thanks for listening. Steve

Anonymous

Use a stabilizer ,they sale for 40 to 60 dollars.
Hook the stabilizer to the out put video and the output of the stabilizer to the dvd recorder and you shoul ba okey.Check these links :
http://www.google.com/search?q=stabilizer+for+copy+right&sourceid=mozilla-search &start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 587
Try a different video cable. If that doesn't work I would exchange the recorder. There is no need for a stabilizer with home recordings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us