Panasonic DMR Freezing Problem

Username: Slackjawedyokel

Post Number: 1
Howdy, folks! I've been in & out of the forums for about a week, trying to find an answer to this problem, but I've only thus far found someone with the same question as I!

I have the DMR85 and have encountered this problem a few too many times to not seek a solution: I record something to the hard drive. I try to play it (or dub it to a DVD.) At some given point in the playback, randomly, the picture and sound freeze and suddenly I am given a still freeze frame from something else I have recorded on the hard drive. After a couple seconds, playback resumes. And if I was dubbing, the dub fails and I am left with a coaster instead of a DVD.

Anyone out there know of a solution to this irritating problem? I cannot even 'edit' out the offending segment as the timer even stops moving.

- jow!

Gid
Unregistered guest
I have been suffering from a very similar problem for a couple of weeks. Last night I searched message boards looking for other similar threads and couldn't find anything useful - nothing ... then today I find this!

I have owned my DMR-HS2 for almost 2 years and it's been great. But recently, it has developed an occasional fault where it seems to 'freeze' during playback. This can last a couple of seconds or go on for ages (indefinitely?). Pressing Stop sometimes works. Sometimes the only way to get it to respond at all is to pull the mains.

I wonder whether I should reformat the HDD but am concerned that if a 'freeze' occurs during the reformat then I could be in real trouble!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 538
It's usually a media problem.

Gid
Unregistered guest
Thanks - when you say this is *usually* a media problem - does this mean you've come across it before? Would you expect a HDD reformat to solve it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
I've had many problems with cheap media, there's alot of it out there. Reformat wont help if it's a media problem.

Username: Jebraz

Chapel Hill, NC

Post Number: 1
Just bought an Emerson EWR10D4. Can't get the thing to show anything besides snow. Have an older tv with and rf modulator. Signal is dish network. I have tried everything, nothing. With the config. in the manual dish network still works,but when I hit display on the remote the tv is getting know signal. I would hate to take it back because I have really basic needs, just recording shows, so I would hate to shell out extra bucks just to do that. Any help is appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
Do you have RCA jacks hooked from the recorder to the modulator?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us