All hooked up, but when should I use my component out, versus video

Username: Gcrowell

Post Number: 1
I'm a newby, and have a new system installed. Using Comcast DCT6412 DVR box, into an Onkyo surround sound receiver, then into a Samsung 50" DLP. The cable guy hooked up connections using both the component output as well as the the regular rca video output of the DVR box. He said that when watching HD broadcasts, swith the Onkyo to receive through the component input, otherwise use the rca video input instead.

The thing is, when trying to watch an HD broadcast using the component cables, I get no video at all. A message appears that says,"format not supported". The video does display, however, through the regular rca cable. At the same time, I do get video on all other non hdtv channels through the component cables, although the rca video cable looks a little better to me.

I looked on the motorola site, and the connections appear to be correct. What is the deal? Did I misunderstand how this is all supposed to work? Am I seeing HDTV through the regular rca video cable? Do I need the component cables?

Username: Gcrowell

Post Number: 2
Never mind. The cable guy hooked up the component cables to the dvd component input, rather than the HDTV component input. Sheesh.

clay
Unregistered guest
How did you recieve tv channels through
component cables?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us