LG Verses Samsung DLP

Username: Sab1955

Hayward, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a limited width of 44.25" where I can put a new DLP Microdisplay. I have narrowed it down to the LG 44" display and the Samsung 46", I want to make the purchase in the next two weeks. I am looking for opinions on the two manufacturers product advantages and disadvantages. I will be using Dish Network HDTV at this point since I have had them for about six years as my service provider. Any help that you can give before making the final purchase will be greatly appreciated.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Steve:
If you go with the Samsung hlp4674w you will be quite happy. I have that one replacing a HLN437 open box then a LG 42 inch plasma. Plus the 4674 is only 40.6 inches wide.

Hayward, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Klaus,

Thanks for the input, the actual opening is 44.25 wide by 26.50 high, I have plenty of depth and will be replacing a Sony 36 inch XBR. The only other thing I am worried about is that the shelf that the unit will be sitting on is at a height of 46 inches off the floor, will that be a problem?

Hayward, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Correction the opening is 36.50" high

Klaus
Unregistered guest
The Dlps are less susceptible to off axis viewing loss than CRT based sets, but as far as vertical offset I am not sure. I am almost dead center when stting, but I notice drop off when you stand up ,but I am only about 7 feet away. about 10 to twelve feet away the drop off is almost negligible

Hayward, CA USA

Post Number: 4
The distance from the screen in a seated position is a little over eleven feet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us