Market for Projection TV's??

Username: Gildo4realdo

Post Number: 1
I want to thank all who post on this site. Since I am in the market for a bigscreen TV, these forums have been awesome.

My question to ya'll is this though: What do you think the market for rear projection TV's will be after this Christmas? My brother bought a Mitsubishi 55" about 9 months ago for 2400. Now that same TV is goin for 1800 easy. I figure since the mass introduction of LCD's, DLP's, and Plasma TV's, the prices of rear projection TV's will fall even more. The question in my mind is, Should I buy now with all the holiday sales, or wait and get an even sweeter deal after christmas. I know that prices of electronics are dynamic but it just seems to me that rear projection TV's are about to become extremely affordable. Please post and tell me what you think.

JET
Unregistered guest
rear projection heavy-weight CRT's have already hit rock bottom, or extremely close

Perfect example is

Magnavox 51" HDTV Monitor (51MP392H)

Puts out about same excellent hi def picture as the basic MiTs

Circuit City sells for around 1000 and Walmart for around 900

Excellent cheapo full HI DEF with nice 1080i hi def picture. Hook it up (to provided component inputs) to Comcast or Satellite hi -def - and you are all set - no stand necessary- its built in and it has wheels too. Not too fancy but cheap and effective

My opinion, in the case of Circuit City is they are giving away these sets currently as loss leaders hoping no one buys them and if they do, prayiing they are dumb enough to add an extended warranty. I suspect they will not get that much cheaper until maybe summer if at all - because of freight charges from China and other countries etc

JUST AVOID THE EXTENDED WARRANTIES - they are a total ripoff. Remember they will not want to sell you this set w/o an extended warranty -otherwise their profits drop to near zero.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us