Samnsung HLP6163W occasionally has split screen...NOT PIP.

Username: Dqdude

Post Number: 1
My samsung is only 2weeks old. When I was watching it today it shut off on its own. When I turned it back on, the channel....ESPNHD, was split into 2 full pictures, on each side of the screen. Neither picture was properly displayed either. For example....the left side would display maybe 2/3 of the actual picture (smaller than it should have been since it was only on the left half of the tv screen) and than it would repeat the 1st 1/3rd of the picture. The right side would do the same. It corrected itself after I changed to another HD channel and than back.

I had this happen a second time when I turned the tv on...only this time the screen was split w/o the tv turning itself off.

BTW...THIS WAS NOT PIP!!!

Is this a common issue? I am thinking I should give Samnsung a call since it is still under warranty.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
It is the handshake HDCP signal between your display and your set top box. If your STB is a Motorola there is a firmware patch that eliminates this symptom but it must be downloaded from your cable company. Until then the solution is to have your TV turned on prior to cennecting the video source (ie: STB or Sat receiver).

xvxvxvx

Username: Dqdude

Post Number: 2
Do you mean that I need to turn my TV on before I turn the STB on?

Is there a way to "force" the STB to download the firmware patch?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest

"Do you mean that I need to turn my TV on before I turn the STB on?
Is there a way to "force" the STB to download the firmware patch? "

I am sorry but I guess part of my post was unclear.

Question one: Yes
Question two: No

The correct firmware version that corrects this problem is 7.15 you must have version 7.10. Again this is only if you are provided a Motorola box if it is Scientific Atlanta I have no clue as to the solution.

xvxvxvx

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us