Username: Psi

Post Number: 1
I am using:
Optoma 739 DLP projector
MOMITSU v880DX DVD (DVI) Player
ONKYO SR601 Receiver.
SA HDTV DVR (Time Warner Cable)
GameCube (composite video out)
10' shielded Composite cable (comprehensive)
12' shielded SVideo cable (radio shack gold)
3' shielded interconnect cables (radio shack gold)

I have hooked everything up, but have several problems...

1. I get a very poor image from my receiver, using SVideo and Composite Video, with obvious dark horizontal interference lines slowly climbing up the image. (This is true even with a blue screen and no actual input). I have hooked up my computer with the same cables and get no such interefence pattern. I've tried unlugging everything not used from my receiver, unlugged my phone, wireless router and TV with no improvement. Does that mean the interference is from the receiver itself or maybe the signal from the receiver is weaker than my laptop? Do I just need better cables? help?

2. The ONKYO 601 has 2 component inputs and 1 output, which I want to use for my Gamecube and HD DVR. However, I have read that there is a difference between HD component video and standard component video. Is this true? Will my receiver not handle progressive/HD component video (480p 720P) to my projector?

3. My projector has DVI, VGA, SVIDEO and COMPOSITE inputs, but no seperate component inputs. The manual says these can be connected to the VGA port using a DSUB - COMPONENT converter. However, I see two types on the market. The one is just a cable that has 3 RCA component connectors on one end and a 15-pin DSUB connecter on the other. The other type, is a box that actually converts between VGA and component video. I have no idea which to get.

Any help very much appreciated!

Keaves Sharpi
Unregistered guest
I can only answer number 3-

I've got a 739 as well, and all you need is the adapter cable. It's just a component RGB - to - DSUB cable. I actually made one myself, splicing a regular VGA cable and component cables using a continuity tester to work out the pinouts from a page i found on the internet. I can't remember where, but you should be able to find it doing a simple search if you're so inclined.
The other option which I would have taken had I not been so impatient is to order one online (you can get them from Optoma's website directly.)

I'm also having a problem with my projector though- I can't seem to get DVI to work from my computer. VGA works fine of course, but it requires me to physically switch cables from my PS2 (which uses the component-to-vga) to the computer. ...guess I'll keep at it.

Aaron Chiles
Unregistered guest
I am basically having the same problem as Simon.

I have a BenQ PB7100 projector, hooked up to an Onkyo reciver with two component in and one out. I have my DishNet HD box hooked up to it, and my GeFroce 6200 with component out. I get those dark lines, and sometimes I get red and green lines. Any solutions here?

Username: Lcrutcher

Plano, Texas USA

Post Number: 6
You may be having AC ground loops. Try getting an extension cord and use it to plug the projector into the same outlet as the source feeding it. Sometimes there may be enough ground potential offsets to cause these problems.

Username: Innopeak2000

Post Number: 3
I have a Optoma EP719 projector. I have this nagging question. I am hoping some one else also has seen this.

In this projector, the S-Video input seems to give the vivid image compared to the Component Input which gives me a dull and washed out image (though with higher resolution). I do not understand why it is happening. Is it due to a faulty VGA to Component Video cable? All my connections are fine.

Unregistered guest
mad rengi,
I have the same problem. Have you found a solution to this yet? Is the problem a poor quality component to VGA cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us