Comcast Motorola DCT6200 freezes/pixelates when watching live tv. Okay from DVR. Any ideas?

Anonymous

I have comcast HD package with the Motorola DCT620x firmware 7.15. When watching hd programs "live" the picture and sound freezes and pixelates for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so. If I press "Rewind" and play from the DVR I can watch what was just messed up perfectly fine.

I've had several techs out, and they all say the line is okay (which I figured 'cuz it looks good off the hard drive). I've googled the problem and can't find anyone talking about this. I'm on my 3rd box and it is still doing it. I have a Sony Wega 50" Projection LCD, and am using the component cable.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone get it fixed?

Username: Kyle914

Alpharetta, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I have the same issue. I thought it was a cable problem but it's not. I'm going to try to try a non DVR box to see if that fixes it.

Anonymous

I have two other boxes (non-dvr) and they don't pixelate. The problem is, in my area, to get the HDTV programming, you need to get the DVR box. I've told them this time to bring out the latest model (DCT6412), and hopefully they will and it will work. If not, I am going to ask them to elevate the issue to a higher-level tech support.

Anonymous

I have had the same problem with the same box and the 42 inch version of the sony LCD rear projection television. It freezes even more violently sometimes while watching on demand shows and movies

Wilson Picket
Unregistered guest
I see the same problem, but infrequently, with my service and the Sci Atlanta 4200HD Digital box. I think the problem may have to do with a poor connection from wall to settop. The recommended fix for this from Cust Service is to unplug the box, which causes a reboot. My other theory is that the computer in the box is just too slow to keep up or is buggy and gets confused. It is possible that settop manufacturers are using the same computer/software internally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us