New Samsungs still have delay

Username: Bpdavenport

Post Number: 1
There have been previous posts on this board regarding video delay in the Samsung DLP 63 models (with the HD3 chips), and the problems that presents for video games. I was interested in buying the HLP4674W, and I wanted to find out if this newer model, with the HD2+ chip, has the same problem. So I took my XBox to the local showroom here and hooked it up to the display model. Connected it using the XBox HD output module, to component video in, with the XBox outputting 720p. All extraneous processing options on the TV were turned off (e.g. noise reduction, etc.).

Unfortunately, it quickly became clear that there was a small but very noticeable and annoying delay. Probably less than a quarter second, but enough to make Halo 2 unplayable. To make sure I wasn't crazy I hooked the xbox up to a Sony WEGA LCD rear projection model. Much better - no delay at all evident.

Store personnel were clueless as usual about the fact the problem even exists. Bottom line, I'll have to look at other manufacturers. If you want to play games on a Samsung DLP, buyer beware, and do your own research.

Stevie125
Unregistered guest
Halo 2 was unplayable? I have a Samsung 4663W and I don't even noticed the slight delay anymore. Even when I first got the TV it was never bad enough that the games were unplayable (I have even played racing games and first-person shooters). I wonder if the delay on the newer models could actually be worse.

Username: Hampersnow

Post Number: 4
BEN...THANK YOU for posting. samsung is now off my list.too many complaints against them in these forums. would you have any feedback on the Toshiba DLP's? would ANYONE who has had a Toshiba for awhile leave an opinion ? do they also have the sync problem?i will be using the monitor mainly for DVDs. thank you.

jbc1013
Unregistered guest
Is this a Samsung issue, or an issue with DLP technology. I was looking at the JVC version.

jbc1013
Unregistered guest
Is this a Samsung issue, or an issue with DLP technology. I was looking at the JVC version.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us