Need Help!!!! Looking to get a Dish 811 but....

Username: Jkmaddux

Post Number: 2
i have what may be a dumb question.
i currently have an HDTV with a 301 receiver and I get my HD channels over the air. when im watching regular programming over the sattelite the picture seems worse than it did with my old tv. In fact, if im watching a non-HD program over my antenna and then flip to sattelite to watch the exact same show, the picture looks better on antenna than it does on sattelite. im not exactly thrilled about paying $400 for the new receiver if the only benefit is to have the option to pay $10 a month for 5 more channels.

So my question is this:
Does the 811 provide a better picture than the 301 for regular non HD television?

I would think that it would (new technology and all) but i would like to be sure before i pull the trigger.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

Username: Tattommy

Sf, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
the 301 and the 811 channels look the same only the hd look better. but those hd channels look real good. you can get and 811 off ebay for half the price of a new thats what i did.

madmarty
Unregistered guest
You don't have to buy the 811. I called up Dish and told them I wanted HD and they sent me the 811 and all I had to pay was 22.50 for shipping. It belongs to Dish and if I cancel, I have to send it back to them. From the literature with the 811, it supposedly up-converts the sd channels. I'm hooking it up this weekend. Gonna drop my locals now that I got an ota antenna.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us