Cable TV w/ HDMI --> DVI cable

Username: Iconz

Post Number: 1
I have a Toshiba 51H84 RP HDTV. Since I got my HDTV digtal cable box, I get SIGNIFICANT dot-crawl around text and images in 480i. This was NOT a problem with this TV before I got digital cable. Basic cable was considerably better when the coaxial was running directly into the TV. There is not any noticeable problem with 1080i HD signals, however. The box is hooked up with component cables currently, but it has DVI out. The TV of course has HDMI. If I get a DVI to HDMI cable, will I notice my 480i signals "tighten up" - in a similar way that a yellow composite cable switched to component cable would "tighten up". I'm concerned because I get like 180 channels in "low-def" and only about 10 in HD...any help is appreciated.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
It is a function of your STB, many have seen the same results as you. What nearly all of us do is to use a splitter and send one signal thru the STB for HD to the display and then let our displays tuner resolve a direct feed of the cable from the wall so the SD channels look better. It may seem somewhat incovenient to change inputs but it is a small price to pay for better SD viewing.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us