Hitachi 60VS810 Temp problem!

Username: Jayhawk060

Post Number: 7
Recently I bought the new 60VS810 at circuit city. I'm in the military and payed alot of money to get this tv to where I am. I didn't open the box before it was shipped. When it arrived today it was like I was 6 years old again on Christmas day. Plugged it in and that's when my dreams were shattered. The tv didn't power up. Instead the 3 LED's came on and then the red TEMP one was flashing. Looking in the book it says TEMP LED- Blinking- Cooling fan stoped- call for service. Well I can hear the fan running when it seems like the tv is powering up but then it stops and the TEMP light just sits there and blinks. I then proceded to call the service line and the guy wasn't very much help. The comments "wow you're out in the middle of no where" and "I'm going to see what we can do, we'll try and get back to you in a few days" didn't sit so good with me. So here I am... hopeing someone has seen/heard of this problem and I might get lucky with a simple fix. Thanks.

Username: Jayhawk060

Post Number: 8
bump

Unregistered guest
We just put up a 60vs810 and haven't had that problem. I was a little concerned about DVD picture quality, but that was with my $150 player. I borrowed a mid-top line Denon player and the DVD's looked as good as I've ever seen them (Captain&Commander & Saving Private Ryan). So, I ordered a new player... The HD picture is excellent too.

This doesn't relate directly to your problem, but at least you wil know that when you get it going it should be satisfying.

I don't have any TV service experience, but if the temp light comes on and the fan is running, it could be a malfunctioning temp sensor. It may be faulty or just not connected. I don't know what you might do about that - wait for service probably... good luck.

If you are overseas (or even if your not), thanks for what you do for our country & the world.

DL

Unregistered guest
hitachi 50ux18b/19k red convergence is off by about one inch. cannot afford service call. convergence menu will move the blue, but not the red. can i adjust this myself within the tv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us