Using Timer

Username: Contosh

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR Combo, Model DRC8295N. Hookup is from cable to DVD/VCR to TV. I can record any program I am watching, but when I try to use the timer and watch another program, I get an insufficent video signal with a lot of snow. I'm a newbie and sure would appreciate some help.

Post Number: 2
I should clarify my "Using Timer" message. Hookup is from cable to cable box to DVD/VCR to TV. And the insufficent video signal is on the channel I am trying to record.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
In order to watch a show different than the one you wish to record a splitter will be required. Purchase an RF cable splitter and run the coax from the wall into the splitter then a coax each from the splitter to your TV and recorder.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
Thank you for the response. Are you suggesting I bypass the cable box which allows access to the premium channels?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Not to bypass the cable box output to your TV but you must bypass the cable box for the input to your recorder. You will only be able to record analog channels and digital channels under 125 in this manner. You can always run another input into your recorder from your TV output to record any channel you are watching that is outside of the tuners range in your recorder.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us