Samsung HL-p4674w vs. HL-p4663w

Username: Cleonfun2004

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I am having a hard time figuring out what the difference is between these two Samsung DLP 46" models. The only differenence I see on their website is that the HL-p4674w states that it is 4th generation technology vs. 3rd (for $500 - $1000 more), and that's it. Anyone know what the diff is and if it's worth it? Also, in general is this a good set to buy? I would prefer a Sony or Toshiba but am limited to the LG RU-44sz51d or these Samsungs due to space restrictions in my house.

Also, anyone have a general opinion on LG vs. Samsung? I watched both at BestBuy and thought the Samsung had a much better picture. Not to mention that it was 2" larger but still fit in my room.

Thanks!

Anonymous

I just hooked up my HL-P4674 and could not be happier. I currently have it hooked up with DVI to DishNetwork 811 HD reciever and component progressive scan DVD player. The HD channels look amazing! The Standard channels look as good as their going to get. The DVD's look phenomenal, amazing color and depth.

I too waited for the 4th Generation and am very happy because even though the set is 46", the width is only 40.3". And there are more than enough connections on the HL-P4674 including HDMI, DVI, and Components. So there is much room for upgrading to a HDMI DVD player.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Sean

Klaus
Unregistered guest
I have had an HLP 4674w for about 1 month now and after having an open box HLN437W, then a 42" LG plasma, I must say this is the best. I am saddled with brighthouse cable so the analog channels are as they are but much better than with the plasma. The difference between the 4674 and the 4663 is the chip used. The HD2+ in the 4674 is a better chip with enhanced contrastand a larger footprint. I have heard of some issues still with light engines(lamp errors, color wheel premature death) with the 4663 and in fact afriend of mine is getting a service visit on his 5063 for color wheel noise after 2.5 months. I also agree with anonymous above about PQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us