Sony Grand Vega 42" or 50"???

Username: Uberchauch

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Sony Grand Vega 42" at the Sony Store in Canada. It got delivered this past Thursday. I have been thinking lately that maybe I should have spent the extra $500 and got the 50" since there is still considerable space left in my living room. So I am contemplating returning it for the 50".

Just wanted to get what some of the thoughts are on this board. Good idea? Any issues that I should be concerned about? Does the image on a 50" look as good as on a 42". Do those who have a 50" find it too big? What is the ideal viewing distance for a 50"? (I have about 9.5 feet which I'm assuming is going to be more than enough)

Any info would be greatly appreciated before I make the plunge!

Thanks!

Anonymous

I sit roughly 9 feet away and I love my 50". I think the 42" would be a little small from that distance.

Username: Cayman

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 2
Uberchauch, did you end up going with the 50"? I am in the same dilema right now, but have yet to buy the 42 or 50 yet. Any ideas?

Username: Uberchauch

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Marcus Cohen - yes, I exchanged the 42" for the 50" and I am much happier. It arrived last night. The 50" is only $500 (Canadian dollars) more than the 42" so I think that it is definitely worth it.

How big is your living room, and in particular, how much distance do you have between the TV and your viewing area? That would be my only concern with getting the 50". If you have the space, I would say go for it.

Username: Goose1873

Pittsburgh, PA

I just think w/ the style of the new Wega's, the 42 looks a little boxed in. The 50 is much more proportional. I'm thinking of buying the 50 and was wondering if anyone has had any problems w/ it. I know the bulb problem has "been resolved", I was just wondering about other things. I was also wondering, since the new wegas come w/ an ATSE intergrated tuner, do you need a HDTV box on top of the set? Still kinda new to this stuff...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us