DENON 2200 problems

Username: Phaedrus

Post Number: 2
I have the 2200 but I have some problems with store-bought DVDs. They are as follows:

1. A 2-disc set of "First Blood"...the player won't load the full screen disc.
2. My DVD of "Bugs Life"...the player has trouble loading the widescreen option.
3. My "Top Gun" DVD has full and widescreen options...the player won't load the fullscreen option.

Perhaps a firmware fix will fix this? Anyone have similar problems? Thanx.

Phaedrus. (Ontario, Canada)

Post Number: 6
Hello again all,
Just finished watching Minority Report and the $#@#% Denon 2200 froze up at the chapter 12/13 mark. I think this is the layer change spot. I can skip to CH14 easily and play CH11 just as easily. Anyone else having these troubles? I am hoping I can find the firmware thing but no luck as of yet.

Joe

Post Number: 8
I have the firmware update...didn't do me any good. I have trouble playing store-bought DVDs!!
My firmware numbers are as follows: DRV 030827, B/E 6500N (used to be 6500L) and PANEL D1028-f
Anyone else have these numbers? This player is driving me crazy!!

Anonymous

ALl DVD players are made cheaply.
I have owned 2 in 3 years..They both eventually will not load a disc. This really sucks and maks me realise even with lower pic quality, tape is more reliable.

MS
Unregistered guest
You are damn right in saying that, tape is more reliable! I too got fed up with the DVD recorder. I should have waited for the DVD / HD (hard disk) recorder! It costs less than the DVD recorder I bought!! #@$@%^$&(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us