Hd converter

Username: B0ngbong

NEW YORK, NEW YORK USA

Post Number: 2
i have panasonic pt-43lc14 hd ready tv.Yesterday comcast installed an hd cable converter on my tv.
What i notice is some of the HD and non HD channels are not in full screen specially the local HD channels do guys have any idea why those channels are not in full screen?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
do guys have any idea why those channels are not in full screen?

Not all shows broadcast on an HD channel are broadcast in Hi-Def. If you are getting a widescreen pic then it is HD unless the network chooses to use upconverted widescreen or add side bars to their SD show. The best example of this is to watch Sportcenter highlights on ESPNHD, some football highlights will be in HD and others will switch to SD with the ESPN sidebars.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 101
If I could add to xv...'s thoughts, I don't believe the networks think there are enough HD receivers yet. You'll see the same problem on DVDs, some are fullscreen, some widescreen and some are oddly in 2.3:1 and have black bars on top and bottom even with HD widescreen!

Username: Scottii

Las vegas, NV Clark

Post Number: 1
I have a 57"Hitachi hdtv ready,and a dish some stations come in good and clean and some come in just ok.when i play a move from a dvd player it is grate,would it be good to get a hd tuner or what would ba a good salutation to get a good pictur on all chanels.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
I have a Pace 550 HDTV box with Brighthouse HD. I have noticed from day 1 that the Sd channels were bad. I recently got a Panasonic DVD recorder and noticed that the Sd channels when a-b'd with the output of the stb vs the dvd tuner were perfect out of the dvd, nead dvd quality. Has any one else observed this? Also voice sync is great from the dvd and lags with the stb. After looking through all the threads, I am wondering if a lot of problems blamed on expensive TVs are not really the fault of bargain basement cable and satellite boxes and or poor attention to signal quality.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
received the SA 8300Hd DVR today and hooked it up. The only option available was component. I set the format to passthrough to let the TV do the up/down conversion (SA recommends this setting)Right away the analog SD channels are now near digital quality and the sd digital channels are near DVD quality. HD is fantastic. I think many PQ issues are due to poor quality stbs whether cable or satellite.

AngloSaxon
Unregistered guest
I have a Motorola DCT6412 HD/DVR receiver with the original serial # sticker still stuck on it that I want to get activated. When I connect it to the cable feed it says " One Moment Please ..." like it is waiting to get hit by Comcast, but since the tech never called it in the serial # is not in their database. Is there anyway I can hook it up & get it working without calling Comcast?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Is there anyway I can hook it up & get it working without calling Comcast?

That would be a big NO! In fact even if you call Comcast I doubt if they will activate your unit untill the FCC requires them to begin doing so, until then enjoy your doorstop.

xvxvxvx

asdflkjasdfl;kj
Unregistered guest
From reading the comments, are you saying that if you order the Comcast service and buy your own converter that you can't use it without calling Comcast?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
From reading the comments, are you saying that if you order the Comcast service and buy your own converter that you can't use it without calling Comcast?

That is correct. The primary reason being that any cable boxes (such as those sold on E-Bay) actually belong to a cable company somewhere. They have never been sold directly to consumers in the USA. If you live in Canada they are sold to consumers however no US cable company is going to activate that box either, no profit = no motive to activate. So they have no reason to activate a presumably stolen STB.

xvxvxvx

Tradens
Unregistered guest
Dating online on best online dating site
<a href="http://datingsite.atspace.com/">http://members.fortunecity.com/trapeznikov</a>
[URL=http://datingsite.atspace.com/]Dating online[/URL]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us