Hunt for Perfict fit DLP

Username: Stevenoj69

Post Number: 1
Here is my dilemma. I have an entertainment center that has space for a TV 47" wide. I know I want a DLP projection TV and was looking into the Samsung 5063w, which at 46.5" was a perfect fit. Samsung 74 line is coming out and it looks like there is no new 50" TV.

What would you do?
1. Get the older 5063?
2. Get the new 4674?
3. Look for a different brand.

Any suggestions of a great set that fits my space would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Angelog

Post Number: 9
Is 50" too wide? If not, consider the 52" JVC. It's not DLP, it's a 3 chip D-ILA.

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026746&pathId=114&page=2

Username: Stevenoj69

Post Number: 2
Yes Unfortunately I only have 47 inches of space thats why the 5063 which was 46.5" was perfect. I don't usually like getting older models but there is no direct replacement for the 5063. Why doest Samsung offer a 50" new model in their 74 line?

Ugggghhh!!!

jamescrw
Unregistered guest
I believe that the 4674 series would be best. The 5063 uses the HD3 chip and the 74 series uses the HD2+ chip which is considered a better chip. The HD2+ reduces rainbows and provides greater contrast for blacks. Unfortunately, Samsung decided to use a 6-segment wheel in the 74 series rather than a 7-segment wheel. The extra color on the wheel provides even greater contrast and more color possibilities. I have the Mitsubishi 52725 and am very pleased with that tv but it is bigger than 47 inches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us