Is a DVD Recordera Decent DVD Player

Username: Aubrey

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
I'm considering on purchasing a Dvd Recorder and was wondering is it a decent DVD player.I know you can record with it but can you play your typical Dvd and all the formats such as Dts and dolby digital 5.1.I hope this isn't a stupid question cause I feel stupid asking it.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 513
Yes they will play DVDs good and will output 5.1 and DTS, they don't have the decoder built in, at least none I've seen. With the price of a decent recorder vs a player, I don't use mine to play any DVDs, I use a player for everything.

Username: Aubrey

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
I guess that what I'm trying to get at, can a DVD recorder also be a decent DVD player as well. Having the best of both worlds a DVD recorder and a decent DVD player

Username: Mvpinboynton

Post Number: 2
I am looking for the same thing. I only have room for one component. If I replace my current DVD player with a recorder, I won't be able to fit a separate player. I was wanting an upconverting player, but I think I will enjoy a recorder more especially if it can provide good PQ.
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 519
Any decent recorder should have at least as good picture quality as most players if not better. Recorders have alot more adjustments and settings than most players, so it should be better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us