Sony KDF55WF655 twin picture

Username: Mhoerr

Post Number: 1
Can anyone help me? How can I get side by side HDTV pictures using the twin picture function. I have heard that I might be able to get twin HD screens if I split the signal. But without a separate tuner I am stumped. Right now I am receiving over the air HD signals. I can view HD screen on the left but cannot on the right. Thanks in advance! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Thomas_frieder

Staten Island, New York USA

Post Number: 13
as far as I know all the sony's only have the one HD display whether thru a tuner or component video input (also true with my Panasonic plasma too)...you can not get twin HD even if you use an outside tuner box as your second input into the video 5,6,7 component/hdmi inputs ... nor can you get left side non-HD and then HD on the right (always the left side for HD).. my 42we655 would not perform the dual display as you wanted it even when i tried combining cable card hd input, say with a CBS AFC football game and then watching a Fox NFC game thru an HDTV cable box going into one of the component hd inputs on video 5 or 6 or 7...somewhere in the Sony manual (or book, as it is fairly thick) it mentions this...one other tip with your set as the earlier model releases of these lcd projectors had bulb problems... is do not turn the set back on again till it cools down from being previously on, as kids sometimes do... it's not as forgiving as the old tube sets and those expensive bulbs (200-300 bucks each) burn out from uses such as that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us