Magnavox rear projection Tv

Username: Brucepen

Grants Pass, Oregon USA`

Post Number: 1
I have a 1990 model 46" Magnavox rear projection tv that has recently gotten very fuzzy. Cannot read small print on screen. Is it possible to adjust focus?
Appreciate your input.
Thanks

buzzars
Unregistered guest
A newbie and not a tech so don't know much. I also have one of these. It's a 1989 Sears LXI but is made by Phillips/Magnavox. I searched google and found some repair forums. It seems that there are coolant chambers between the tubes and lenses. The coolant ocassionally needs to be changed and all lenses, mirrors, and reflective surfaces need to be cleaned. If you have the paper that is in the pouch on the back of the TV, it tells how to adjust convergence.

I'm going to buy the fluid and try to clean mine up. If necessary, will call a real technician to do the adjustments.

In reality, this TV is 14 to 15 years old with a life expectancy of 10 years. There are solder joints that come loose, capacitors that burn out and other stuff that that just wears out. If you can fix it cheaply, it's probably worth trying. If it doesn't work, you should probably just bite the bullet and by a new set with newer tcehnology.

kiltie
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a 10 year old magnavox #pr3061 A106, how do I access the lens and mirror to clean them, from the front panel, or do I remove the large access panel behind the set? Thanks, Rob

kiltie
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a 10 year old magnavox #pr3061 A106, how do I access the lens and mirror to clean them, from the front panel, or do I remove the large access panel behind the set? Thanks, Rob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us