Need help on setting up please!

Username: Bridge32

Eastleigh, Hampshire United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
hi, I have got a minor problem in setting up my video /tv system and wondered if anyone could give me advice?
I have the following:
28" widescreen tv with 2 scart and rf.
sky box with 2 scart and rf in/out
dvd recorder with 2 scart
dvd player/amplifier with 1 scart.
Right, what i need to know, is how to connect them all up so i can record terrestial tv as well as recording sky programs on my dvd recorder. I know it seems odd that i have 2 dvd players, but i have got this dvd player that has a built in dolby 5.1 system and cost me lots of money, so i do not want to get rid of it, but i have since bought a dvd recorder to relace my vcr (not required any more!) I have succesfully connected all of the above only i have a vcr in place of my new dvd recorder and i can record very well, but i have the vcr connected via the rf lead only and no scart lead (only have 2 scart on my tv) so... i cannot replace the vcr with the dvd recorder as this only has scart and i obviously require a better picture! Can this all be done with the set up i have available?
Any help will be appreciated. P.S.... what if i use a 2 into 1 scart adapter? Will that help me get another "scart socket"? or will it be a pian to use?
Thanks in advance,
Nic.

Username: Postalj

Post Number: 4
does your receiver have switching capability (inputs)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us