Cleaning Plasma Screen

antoninus
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to "wipe off" anti-glare coating with microfiber cloth moistened with water and mild detergent (e.g., mild dishwashing liquid such as JOY)?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 96
I use microfiber cloth with very light distilled water. Personal belief is that any detergent will be too harsh (IMHO).

antoninus
Unregistered guest
Right, but is it possible to actually wipe off the anti-glare coating if you use water and mild dishwashing liquid instead of a microfiber cloth with very light distilled water?

Anonymous

Anything that is abrasive to what you are cleaning could remove an exterior coating, yes. If the coating has been applied to the inner side of the screen your only fear would be 'etching' the screen through abrasion. If the coating is applied to the external side of the screen (the norm) then IMHO you may scratch the coating with many small abrasions which will cloud the picture. Done often enough and hard enough if you can scratch it you can remove it. It might take a million years of a million monkeys rubbing it though.

antoninus
Unregistered guest
Thanks!

Lisa W
Unregistered guest
Hi, my toddler used her crayons on our plasma screen, what can I use to remove the lovely green lines???

Silver Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 103
First check the crayons to see if they are water soluble. Also check the crayon manufacturer's website for normal cleaning instructions. When you have that info let us know and we may be able to guide you.

Lisa W
Unregistered guest
Hi, thanks for that. I checked and they are crayons she got from Pizza Hut in a kiddy pack. They seem to be water soluble and have not cleaning instructions on the pack. Help!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi
folks I have a philips plasma let me tell you i have kids and they get just about everything on the screen the best thing i found is a product by monster...its called monster screen clean it is awsome i give it 10 of 10 specialy with my kids being messy..and it cleans and protects the surface

Unregistered guest
please can you tell me where i can buy monster screen from as my little girl has drawn on our plasma scrren with crayon

Unregistered guest
please can you tell me where i can buy monster screen from as my little girl has drawn on our plasma scrren with crayon

Unregistered guest
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us