VHS to DVD...no surprise!

Username: Powerplay662

Rochester, N.y.

Post Number: 1
good morning to all....ive been reading all of your responses to the above topic, but none seem to solve the one im having. i have a sony GX300; brandy new. now i know the old school principles of vcr to vcr recording; ya know, cable here, wire there, cross everything in the middle; the question(s) are: can i do the same thing with the wiring to hack the protected issues, or is there another way that im not aware of....im not interested in buying more equipment if i dont have too on this....anyone out there have any suggestions? anyone? bueler?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 501
You need a stabilizer to record protected material, no way around it unless using a DVD player that can be hacked.

Rochester, N.y.

Post Number: 2
hmmm, not what i needed to hear, but thank you. now what is a stablilizer? and can i get one easily?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 508
Do a search for digital video stabilizers. I've seen them on e-bay.

Rochester, N.y.

Post Number: 3
thank you all for your help...i found the Sima GoDVD CT-2 Stablizer. It covers all the formats along with PAL and NTSC signals. not cheap at $129 at Circuit City but well worth the money. Easy hook up and dubbing. no problems whatsoever. If you utilize S-video hookups youll need to purchase at least one additional. it comes with (1) RAC plug.

good hunting to all...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us