Rainbows and DLP

Username: Dmako

Post Number: 6
Just received a Mitsubishi 52725 and have it under the standard 30 day eval.

Now I can see rainbows sometimes. Dark scenes with bright areas, and if I am sort of looking for them my moving my eye left and right.

The question is, is this a deal breaker or is it something that if not bad and it dosn't really bother you just let it go.

Or, is this that start of an issue that may get worse with time/age?

Strati
Unregistered guest
Dave, all RP DLPs have a color wheel which means there is the possibility of rainbow effects. There is a small percentage of people that will see this and get bothered, but the majority never do. What you see now is what you'll always see. This will not get better or worse as your TV ages. If you don't like the results now, then this TV is not for you.
One general rule of thumb is that the faster the color wheel spins, the less likely you are to get the rainbow effect. I have personally seen this on the older generation Samsungs but have yet to notice it on the Samsung HLP5685 as it has a color wheel that spins 10,800 RPM (the highest spin rate of color wheels available at this time).

Username: Dmako

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the reply!

As far as age, I was refering to my age %^)

Wonder how I can find out what RPMs the Mitsubishi is?

Strati
Unregistered guest
You were referring to your age!? Ha! Ha! Ha! Dave, at an older age, the TV should be one of the last things we should worry about "Not Functioning"!
Anyways...Mitsubishi's website didn't have too much detail listed. Sorry, I can't help further as Mitsubishi is not offered in Canada.
Perhaps someone else can respond!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us