TINY plasma screens - are they really that cheap?

Anonymous

I have £1500 and want to buy a plasma screen with speakers and stand included - it seems like the only 42" model I can afford in that price range is the special offer from TINY - has anyone bought one of these? Any feedback? Any good/bad experiences?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1894
watch out for "burn in" problems. They are probably older models and very prone to this problem.

Username: Frisbee

Post Number: 1
Berny - What is a 'burn in' problem. I have a new 42 Tiny Plasma. On SKY channel the picture is out of synch with the sound of speech. It is marginally so on BBC1 channel.

I have been told by Tiny that if I return it to them for a technical check and nothing is found to be wrong, then they will charge me £150 for the privilege.

Does anyone else have this out-of-synch problem?

Steve Moss
Unregistered guest
Berny, Harry,
I have had a Tiny 42" since mid-December. Not altogether satified with it. It has a recurring and intermittent problem with a strange slight shift in the picture which appears as a horizontal band above which the picture is slightly displaced to the left or right. This band moves up or down the screen then disappears for a bit. Have also noticed that, when the action (normally the camera) moves fast, there is a momentary colour separation. This is most noticeable when a large face is on-screen which moves suddenly. It looks like the blue or red lags a bit, before they re-combine to produce a proper flesh tone. I rather wish I'd waited for a better quality one, as I suspect this is the price one pays for cheapness. The former problem is clearly a fault.

Post Number: 2
Steve
I'd say you have a real problem here. Under the Sale of Goods Act, anything you buy should properly do what it is supposed to do. If the product fails you then have the advantage of going to the Small Claims Court and getting your money back. But I guess you'll need your own independent expert witness in order to prove your case. If you win, any expert witness expenses can be claimed from the other party.

I'm waiting for the New Year to settle in and will then seriously consider sending my Tiny 42" Plasma back for technical assessment of the problem. I've also noticed it's out of synch on other channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Bangbang023

Brooklyn, NY United State...

Post Number: 23
As the case with most plasmas, you get what you pay for. I know an inexpensive plasma is alluring, but it's not worth the money you save. Issues such as burn in, lack of HD support, and the plasma gas quickly being used up are all common in cheap sets.

Computer Shop employee
Unregistered guest
Working for one of the Tiny.com Sister companies, i can assure you that these 42"Focus screens at £1299 use 3rd Generation Samsung Panels with a 3000:1 contrast ratio, i have seen many of these plasma screens in our various stores across the country and they all give a perfect picture. In fairness i haven't seen a model with a TV tuner included so i can't comment on this but it is a good quality product. The reason they are so cheap is because they are built to order and go straight from the manufacturer so the costs are kept lower! If you buy one of the Optima plasmas at £999 then this is a poorer quality screen.

Anonymous

I heard that if you want to discuss any issues about the screens from Tiny once delivered this is only possible through a premium rate number. And if you send it back for repair under warranty, you have to pay extortionate shipping costs?

Anyone had any experience of this?

Computer Shop employee
Unregistered guest
The standard warranty does only give you a £1/min support number and if it went back to the factory for repair they would charge you carriage costs of about £200 (this is due to size, weight and value of goods for insured carriage!!) Repairs would normally take about 28 days. There is extended support options, where you pay a monthly direct debit payment for as long as you want with no ties. Silver support is the best value @ £20/month. It gives you national rate suport line and a 7 day swap out at your door if it goes wrong, so no carriage costs!! Good news, as of Friday 7 Jan 05 the delivery time is now only 14 days for the focus models. Why not pop into your local computer shop, they have them on display there! Hope this helps

Post Number: 3
computer shop employee says, 'It gives you national rate suport line and a 7 day swap out at your door if it goes wrong, so no
carriage costs!'

Well, I've got the £20 a month standard. When I complain that the SKY Channel and BBC1 is out of synch I am told it will cost me £150 if they find no fault with the Plasma. The implication being that the problem is my end on my equipment.

This is a bit hard to take!

Computer Shop employee
Unregistered guest
As i mentioned previously, i haven't seen a model with a tv tuner card as these are not sent to any stores!! I will try and email the plasma team when i get a free moment and see if they have any ideas.

Jon Collis
Unregistered guest
I have just ordered a top of the range 42" plasma screen from tiny. They are great screens, the latest genreration plasma panels are great. These screens have an amazing life. If you leave them running for eight hours a day, 365 days a year they could last up to 21 years. My old CRT tv lasted 10 years!

These screen do not need gassing and do not degrade. If you look at the specs you get as good a panel as some of the £3500 products.

It all sound good. Mine comes in little under two weeks. I will let you know how I get on and if it's a good system. Good luck and watch this space

Jon G
Unregistered guest
I had a Tiny Plasma 42" Focus set delivered just before Christmas, and I to had a problem with sound synch and they quickly swapped the set for me and now all is fine. I did find that this occured mainly on BBC1 and was put down to a fault with the tuner. Direct inputs from DVD and Sky were fine. The worst part of the whole experience was having to wait upto an hour to get an answer from the Customer Service Centre where the girl reluctantly admitted that there were only 4 people answering the phones !!

computer shop employee
Unregistered guest
Sorry all, i have not had a proper chance to get more detail on this plasma sound synch problem. If there is a hardware error then tiny.com should replace the set for you under your silver guarantee, but if it is an external fault then they will charge for repair!! by the looks of the previous post i would say that there appears to be an issue so if you speak to them again they may well agree to swap over the set for you!

computer shop employee
Unregistered guest
Sorry all, i have not had a proper chance to get more detail on this plasma sound synch problem. If there is a hardware error then tiny.com should replace the set for you under your silver guarantee, but if it is an external fault then they will charge for repair!! by the looks of the previous post i would say that there appears to be an issue so if you speak to them again they may well agree to swap over the set for you!

lassie
Unregistered guest
ATTENTION everyone who has bought a plasma screen from TINY, the horizontal 'shearing' is a big big problem, see the following forum:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

hornydragon
Unregistered guest
can i advise everyone with a TINY plasma or thinking of buying one to take a look here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180302

Unregistered guest
Dont touch Tiny with a barge pole. I order my £2,200 cinema packege on the 28th of December. It never came. Having parted with my money Tiny let me down on two seperate occasions. They even insisted that it was on the delivery van. It never came. I have spent hours on the phone, they just keep palming me off. They could'nt give a toss now they have my money. I have phoned and cancelled my order and they said that someone would ring me back. This has not happened. I have now bought an Hitachi plasma screen. Another issue with Tiny's screens is that they advertise them as high resolution screens. This is rubish as I have just read a test in essentail hi fi and home cinema magazine and they say the low resolution screen makes a off putting high pitched noise as it struggles to diplay the graphics of a DVD. These panels will not work when Sky switch over to their HDTV format in 2006. Tiny can go get stuffed. I scanned in Tiny's advert and a copy of the screen report and I have sent it to my local trading standards office. I have also complained to the BBC Watchdog program. Please if your thinking of buying from Tiny....save yourself a lot of greif and dont bother! Save up for something that is future proof and to be honest a much better product.

Unregistered guest
Dont touch Tiny with a barge pole. I order my £2,200 cinema packege on the 28th of December. It never came. Having parted with my money Tiny let me down on two seperate occasions. They even insisted that it was on the delivery van. It never came. I have spent hours on the phone, they just keep palming me off. They could'nt give a toss now they have my money. I have phoned and cancelled my order and they said that someone would ring me back. This has not happened. I have now bought an Hitachi plasma screen. Another issue with Tiny's screens is that they advertise them as high resolution screens. This is rubish as I have just read a test in essentail hi fi and home cinema magazine and they say the low resolution screen makes a off putting high pitched noise as it struggles to diplay the graphics of a DVD. These panels will not work when Sky switch over to their HDTV format in 2006. Tiny can go get stuffed. I scanned in Tiny's advert and a copy of the screen report and I have sent it to my local trading standards office. I have also complained to the BBC Watchdog program. Please if your thinking of buying from Tiny....save yourself a lot of greif and dont bother! Save up for something that is future proof and to be honest a much better product.

Anonymous

I purchased a 42" Tiny plasma in December.

I had a speech synch. problem, which seems to have been eliminated or reduced, by direct connections to SKY.

My friend has a 42" Pioneer HD Plasma. His screen exibits identical speech synch. miss match as the Tiny model.

We have both viewed both screens simultaniously, and both believe the tiny panel indicates a slightly better picture.

Only main difference was, he paid 3 times as much for the Pioneer.

The Pioneer does seem to have a nicer surround though.
In summary, if you are willing to take the risk, of rubbish Tiny after sales support, save yourself some serious cash and go for the tiny model.

a bloke
Unregistered guest
dont believe anyone that says their tiny plasma screen is great and has no problems. they are crap! customer sevice is appauling too. watchdog on bbc1 on monday 28th will explain somethings.

Unregistered guest
DO NOT PART WITH ANY HARD EARNED CASH INTO THE COFFERS OF TINY.COM
Any savings that you think will be made with be burn up in lost wages awaiting promised deliveries, in my case twelve (YES Twelve days)and cost of phone calls (Not to mention time, 20 to 45 minutes `awaiting the next available advisor`)
Now I find the TV has problems and am having to have my Plasma TV replaced after only one month.

Again I urge you, DO NOT PURCHASE A PLASMA TV FROM TINY.COM

rainy12
Unregistered guest
Tiny screens are built at a low cost and this is passed to the customer. Customer gets a great deal as incurring costs are kept to a minimum. Our plasma screens are Samsung as have a low breakdown rate - lower than the industry average

Unregistered guest
Rainy12
I will not debate your comments regarding quality and breakdown rates but will say that after only one month my Tiny Plasma has had to be returned for repair.
Rather odd that you do not sing any praises for your companies crap customer services (please refer to my previous post)
Regards Phil Griffiths

Unregistered guest
tiny.com is the worst company i have used to purchase anthing ,my advise is use a local store in future at least you wont have to pay £1. a minute to talk to anyone.

Unregistered guest
tiny.com is the worst company i have used to purchase anthing ,my advise is use a local store in future at least you wont have to pay £1. a minute to talk to anyone.

Anonymous

All of the above posts make very interesting reading, having just bought the 42" Tiny plasma Focus package. I have to say that for the price, the picture is unbelieveably good through Composite input - i.e. DVD play is exceptional. I have previously had Pioneer and Sony plasmas in this model is definitely superior. I agree about the surround sound being naff however, and can only suggest you pump the sound through a separate decent amplifier - this is what I have done and there is no synch problem.

The problems that are definitely apparent with this model are:

1. The horizontal distortion that appears on fast action scenes ( a horizontal bar that appears about 1/3 down the picture. Question to Computer Shop Employee: Do you think Tiny will replace on this basis (as it is an obvious problem with the model) even though it only occurs once every 5 or so times you use it?

2. The synch problem with Sky. My Plasma does not have a tuner, so I connect via scart (because annoyingly it doesn't have S-vid) and the synch problem is definitely an issue. I linked my 42" rear projection up in exactly the same way and there is no synch problem, so I think it is down to the plasma. I'm going to try the premium rate number from work and see what happens - I will let you know the outcome.

But in short, the Plasma IS great value for money for watching DVDs (I certainly haven't had the colour shift problem mentioned above), the delivery time was fine (about 4 days) but I will hold comment on the after-sales until after I phone them!

Username: Mutant

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 9
Have also noticed that, when the action (normally the camera) moves fast, there is a momentary colour separation. This is most noticeable when a large face is on-screen which moves suddenly. It looks like the blue or red lags a bit, before they re-combine to produce a proper flesh tone. I rather wish I'd waited for a better quality one, as I suspect this is the price one pays for cheapness.

Steve I to have similar problems with my toshiba 27WL46 LCT TV - I paid £799 from comets which was almost £400 cheaper. So I also took out the extended warranty for peace of mind. I contacted toshiba to ask what the possible problem was when there was rapid movement. I had my DNR set to sharpest and they recommended switch it to OFF. This seems to have solved the problem but why have settings for it in the first place.

component or HDMI or DVI with HDCP?
Unregistered guest
I am a computer shop employee and am amazed at the quality of the picture its really very good with a fantastic saving! I am considering buying one for myself and would urge others to do the same! Many people have commented on the fact that it wont be compatible for the new hi def input but the fact is most plasma's wont! If it is going to be outputed through HDMI may i remind everyone that SONY themselves advertised the M1 and the XS1 series as hi-def ready how can this be so when there is no HDMI input? wich leads me to think that the hi def may be broadcasted through component(maybe ntl?)! if it is outputed through component then the Tiny plasma is capable of reciving it as is the sony range. i myself have seen hi def (outputed through component!) and its very good but when it does come out you will have to pay a premium for it as with sky plus wich makes me think is it all worth it? It is a very good picture but i was very happy with the quality of freeview on the tiny panel and cant justify spending the extra amount of money for the better picture. selling the panel myself I have had excellent customer feedback and think that in genral it is a very good buy. I have viewed the pioneer XDE and must say that the picture on hi def is excellent but then i saw it on freeview i ask you yourselves to look at the two panels side by side on a freeview signal and tell me wich looks better! freeview or normal sky is what joe bloggs is really going to be watching not hig def not for a good few years why worry about something that isnt here yet and that no one really knows how its going to be broadcasted? until then buy a tiny panel and enjoy the money you save!

component or HDMI or DVI with HDCP?
Unregistered guest
I am a computer shop employee and am amazed at the quality of the picture its really very good with a fantastic saving! I am considering buying one for myself and would urge others to do the same! Many people have commented on the fact that it wont be compatible for the new hi def input but the fact is most plasma's wont! If it is going to be outputed through HDMI may i remind everyone that SONY themselves advertised the M1 and the XS1 series as hi-def ready how can this be so when there is no HDMI input? wich leads me to think that the hi def may be broadcasted through component(maybe ntl?)! if it is outputed through component then the Tiny plasma is capable of reciving it as is the sony range. i myself have seen hi def (outputed through component!) and its very good but when it does come out you will have to pay a premium for it as with sky plus wich makes me think is it all worth it? It is a very good picture but i was very happy with the quality of freeview on the tiny panel and cant justify spending the extra amount of money for the better picture. selling the panel myself I have had excellent customer feedback and think that in genral it is a very good buy. I have viewed the pioneer XDE and must say that the picture on hi def is excellent but then i saw it on freeview i ask you yourselves to look at the two panels side by side on a freeview signal and tell me wich looks better! freeview or normal sky is what joe bloggs is really going to be watching not hig def not for a good few years why worry about something that isnt here yet and that no one really knows how its going to be broadcasted? until then buy a tiny panel and enjoy the money you save!

john strachan
Unregistered guest
I was definatly thinking of a tiny plasma.after having problems as some people above when i purchased and returned a lap top.I think i`ll save a bit more cash and buy locally.you would not beleive the problems i had with tiny before,i waited three month for my cash back after buying a lap top and spent a fortune on phone calls.don`t beleive the computer shop employee he1s just trying to attract you to buy crap.

Aanisah
Unregistered guest
I dont think that I would like to buy anything from Tiny after reading all the above.....I was here to spend money to buy something thats worth it and with good service but Im not going to buy from here also will tell others not to either.....they need to get thier items and service skills sorted.....then may be someone might even think to get somthing from here!!!

Anonymous

I bought a Tiny Plasma just before Xmas and have never been really happy with it. For the price, I can put up with the occasional smearing of the picture but the sound going out of synch is really getting on my nerves. Rang Tiny a few times over the past weeks to try and resolve this. After being given the code to access the engineering menus I was able to do a Data hard reset which temporarily sorted it, but gradually it goes out of synch again. I was told today by their Tech Support that they can do no more as, I quote, this is an industry wide problem. I know a few people with plasmas and they don't have any problems so it looks like i'll have to get a solicitor involved and start legal action to get my money back or a replacement.Anyone else having similar problems? DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM TINY.

lupo2
Unregistered guest
the computer shop are crap they dont give a hoot as long as you buy there crap plasma screens dont buy one it will go wrong .then you will not be able to get back in touch with them through thre help line as everybody else is

Unregistered guest
I bought my 42" plasma from Tiny several months ago and have had problems with the sound out of sync. After several expensive calls to Tiny someone has finally advised me that the sync problem only occurs when the signal is through a freeview or sky digibox? Is this true? If this is the case then Tiny should let customers know this. Lots of people now own plasma screens and lots have sky or freeview, surely they don,t all suffer the same problem? What can I do?

joe547040
Unregistered guest
Tiny plasmas are crap but there is another reason not to buy. as an employee of the company in know whats going on . One by one over the past months they have been closing down there retail stores one by one giving no notice just walking in and closing them down. The whole company will be gone in the next 12 months .

Anonymous

I suggest people look here and make their own minds up....http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180302

Anonymous

I bought a tiny plasma a couple of months ago, Im overall pleased with what i have. to be honest, if you go to buy a plasma at 1300 quid and expect it to be perfect quality then obviously you live in a world of your own. dvd playback is fine, playing playstation/x-box is perfect and fair enough on sky the voice sync is a little out but i dont have a problem doing a data hard reset. As for the £1/min phone lines id come to expect that from any company, they're all looking out to take your money and save as much as they can!!! id advise anyone to buy one with a tight budget.

Philip Griffiths
Unregistered guest
Silly you, when you purchased your Plasma it may well have been advertised at £1300, but the advert also said it was at half price and comparable with more expensive Plasma TVs, you therefor purchased an item worth £2600 (Tiny.com said so!!)and you are happy??
I have had to have a replacement, followed by an engineer visit followed by, a `hard data reset` follwed by, a £30 call to be told to plug it into another mains socket, followed by it being collected today for repair.
Good luck to you, I hope the problems that I have had do not show up on your set.
P.S What was the staff discount rate when you purchased your Plasma??

Anonymous

None he he he.I do have one tho, i just know how to set it up properly!!! And when i buy something thats that cheap i know its not going to be amazing. You CANNOT slate the plasmas quality compared to the price!!! I agree with you though, after sales is terrible. I have to put up with it everyday dealing with them and trust me i have to spend even longer on the phone than you do with up to 40 mins waiting time to even get through. In regards to your phone calls, send a letter to the HO with a copy of your phone bill and they will refund it (it will take a while but they will). And if anyone else wants to do a data reset without having to call out an engineer do the following: Press dsp quickly followed by left, right and enter (at the bottom of the remote) This will give you the engineer menu. I would like to say its your responsibity if you decide to fanny around in this menu and dont blame tiny!!!

Taz36
Unregistered guest
The picture on all plasma Tv's will always blur. I have worked in a TV shop. Plasma's contain a gas within them and so when there are fast moving item on screen like a football match the screen will blur because the gas cannot keep up. Where as the better option is LCD which contains liquid which means the picture wont blur as liquid is faster than the gas. So forget plasma's and save up and buy a LCD TV.

Unregistered guest
taz you have no idea what your talking about lcd's are just as bad for what you call "bluring" just take a look at any 32" lcd and youl notice it there too can i suggest you look at the pioneer PLASMA with an HD sorce (euro 1080) and tell me what you think of the picture quality! its people like you that give plasma a bad name i bet your the person who tells everyone they can be refilled lol

lcd's are great below 32"

plasma is great 32" and over

Phil Griffiths
Unregistered guest
Yes Bob123, that is unless the Plasma TV is marketed by Tiny.com.

kd69
Unregistered guest
but you get what you pay for, what do you expect for 1300 quid? i bet any other plasma for the same price is exactly the same!

Phil Griffiths
Unregistered guest
I have said it before and I will say it again......
Yes I, and many other people paid £1300 BUT Tiny.com advertised the Plasma TV`s at half price and that they were comparable with Plasma sets being sold at TWICE that price, they are still advertising the same although the price has fallen.
Tiny.com have told and continue to tell untruths, has an poor attitude to its customers (once it has received your cash) has a technical department that is hopeless "try plugging it into a different mains socket to cure the faults"
I have taken Tiny.com to the County court, they have not even bothered responding to court papers served on them.
I urge any readers please have no dealings with Tiny.com

Davi
Unregistered guest
Well, im sure all of you are pleased to hear that Tiny aka The Computer shop has been shut down 78 of its stores, which it hink is all of them?

horah! no more getting tricked out of money for the less unfortunate people who decided dealing with a computer company with the worst reputation in centuries was a wise idea!

kd69
Unregistered guest
and u believe everything you read? nice one brains!

Phil57
Unregistered guest
Kd69
You are such a prat,
If you ordered from a menu, Dover sole for a meal and was served fish fingers and was told that the fish fingers was Dover sole I am sure you would be upset.
We have laws in this country.
We also have ships at sea, please catch the next one leaving.

Anonymous

I bought my 42" Optima package on 21/07/05. I wish I'd read these comments before going anywhere near the Computer Shop to place my order order. Thankfully, I paid for the goods on my credit card and will be fully reimbursed by the credit card company. I suggest that anybody else that has recently paid by CC to do the same. I am sorry for the employees of Tiny who now find themsselves out on their ar*es with no salary for July. If it helps, my friends and I broke into the local Computer Shop and stole the two display televisions as well as an assortment of electrical goods and furniture. ;-) Leonski.

Andy W
Unregistered guest
I bought 42" tiny plasma package with 5 year "gold" warranty for £1799.99 about 3 months ago. I have so far been happy with the telly and have not had any synch or picture problems. Im guessing my warranty will be totally useless now but im not too fussed as i got the package on 12 months interest free credit and have only paid £100 deposit on it. Do you think they will still try and recover the full cost of the package cos there is no way im paying for a warranty that is void to a bankrupt company.

bankrupt
Unregistered guest
Andy W
I think you may find that the finance company will chase you claiming that Tiny has nothing to do with them. However good luck.

Anonymous

I purchased Plasma Screen Approx 5 Months ago, Best value product I've ever purchased seen Pioneer/Sony Plasmas and don't think the picture qualty is as good, no probs with speech out of synch (although I use a 7.1 Surrround sound system, Tiny were however slow in sending the product in the first place and as with Argos they take your money before dispatching the goods which I believe is illegal.

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me what will happen to the stock of 42" plasma's now Tiny have closed down? I'd still like to buy one, at a suitably reduced price, and as I'm an engineer, I'm happy to accept any risk of it breaking down. I believe them when they say the panels are as good as anyone's - its the electronics they put with them thats naff... ( that's the reason for the sound synch problems ) I want one as a computer display - NOT as a TV.

robert glasgow
Unregistered guest
what happens now when anything goes wrong with these 42" screens? aere there any engineers that can ber called out to fix them? Ive tried a few companies in Glasgow but so far no luck :-(

Unregistered guest
I have been trying to source a vertical scan board for a Vision pm 4230 a rebadged Tiny Focus 4230 .... if anyone is trying to source parts ..forget it .. or you can try the OEM for tiny and Vision plasmas, who are ESDY Corporation of Korea.
or does anyone know where the parts are stored for tiny Plasmas ???? or anyone capable of reparing one??? maybe any other make will the same boards ???

Adrenalin
Unregistered guest
I perchased a tiny 42" plasma screen in feb this year & within one month it had developed 3 verticle lines down the left side,i know plasma can suffer fron pixel defect but this is permanent....does any one know what or why this is....i now have to pay £150 shipping cost. Appalling!!! DO NOT BUY TINY!!!

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 136
Circuit board failure.

Adrenalin
Unregistered guest
can this be fixed independantly? and how much?

Adrenalin
Unregistered guest
when i called tiny they said it would need a complete new plasma panel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
The back of the plasma is typically opened up and a circuit board is replaced. Parts fail/entire panels do not. The power supply works. The glass/pixel structure is fine. This is an electronics failure and only one part of the electronics as well.

Username: Pincher

i have a problem with my philips plasma 32 ins the powerlight goes of and flikers red is there ant thing i can do ? if i play with it for a bit it comes on

Adrenalin
Unregistered guest
Which part of the elctronics..can i obtain it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
I dont know how to obtain parts for TINY plasma. I have never heard of this brand. Remainds of Charlie and the Chocolate factory and OOmpa Loompas.

TOM- There are no 32 inch plasmas- its not possible to fit the requisite number of pixels at the size.

computer systems
Unregistered guest
I'm planning on buying a tiny 42" plasma tv just after xmas. im interested in it mainly for hooking up to the PC. i will be watching films on it from time to time too, for the money.... £799 at the momoent isnt a bad price, they maybe do have problems but for that kind of money i dont expect it to out perform many others. my mate bought the 50" plasma package about 7 months ago and he's had no problems so far.

ive noticed a few LCD's that have a poor picture quality too.
atthe end of the day i know theres a lot of people complaing about the picture quality/problem with the tiny panels but who cares, for the 2 seconds the picture slightlty goes off, after all it did only cost £800

neilus
Unregistered guest
Tiny have a poor reputaton - Buy in haste repent at leisure

DARREN12341
Unregistered guest
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE HARD RESET OPTION IS? I've tried going into the engineers screens but once in there i cannot find it!
please help

Anonymous

HAVE DEVELOPED A PERMANENT VERTICAL LINE ON MY SAMSUNG PLASMA TV. IS THIS A CIRCUIT BOARD FAULT OR SOMETHING WORSE

Unregistered guest
I Have a Tiny Computer sytems 42" Plasma Screen, I have had this about 14months and it has started buzzing quite loud, I have heard about the problems of high altitude, but I live below 1000 ft and in the UK so wouln't have though this would effect my screen. My problem lies in the support company refusing to do anything about it, they quote that all Plasma screens buzz and if they brought me a new one it would buzz too so they are trying to duck out of doing anything at all. Is this a common problem and is their anything that can be done to stop it buzzing? I have a Silver Support package with Total Care and Support.

Username: Metz

Huddersfield, W Yorks UK

Ok I think I get the Gist, register and you may get assistance, Done!! please can anyone help this is driving both my wife and I nuts!!!I Have a Tiny Computer sytems 42" Plasma Screen, I have had this about 14months and it has started buzzing quite loud, I have heard about the problems of high altitude, but I live below 1000 ft and in the UK so wouln't have though this would effect my screen. My problem lies in the support company refusing to do anything about it, they quote that all Plasma screens buzz and if they brought me a new one it would buzz too so they are trying to duck out of doing anything at all. Is this a common problem and is their anything that can be done to stop it buzzing? I have a Silver Support package with Total Care and Support.

Velvetundercoat
Unregistered guest
I have been offered support form a Company called Total Care. They offered support for my Tiny Plasma screen Tv now that they have gone into receivership. They are asking £12.99 a month for bronze and other amounts for silver and gold cover. However everytime I ask the Company to send me a copy of their terms and conditions, which are not included in their advertising literature before I sign up, I never recieve a 'Dickybird'. I find this most suspicious, does anyone else have experience of or know about this Company?

Huddersfield, W Yorks UK

Post Number: 2
At the moment I am having problems with Total Care and Support, along with my Tiny plasma, they are claiming that ALL plasma screens buzz, and don't seem to want to do anything about it.
I have been trying to get a call back from an engineer for three weeks now, they tried to call me once when I had forgot my mobile two weeks ago since then, nada.
I have the Silver Package, but so far this doesn't seem to make any difference to the service,(refer to previous message). You can visit www.totalcaresupport.com for Ts&Cs and further details. Best of Luck.

finance question
Unregistered guest
if you paid by finance trading standards say that it is upto the finance company to have the plasma fixed for you

Huddersfield, W Yorks UK

Post Number: 3
Afraid it is not that easy, I paid Cash. Has anybody else had any other dodgy dealings with this company?

Unregistered guest
i would contact trading standards and check where you stand
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us