Connecting Cable HD Box to my Home Theater

Username: Jasonsnipes

Post Number: 1
I just got a new Samsung TX-P3264 and I want to connect an HDTV Cable Box to it and my home theater. What I am trying to find out is how to connect the audio to it. The Cable box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000HD. From where my tv is I have 2 rca cables and 1 digital coaxial cable. 1 of the rca cables is for video in coming from the rest of my home theater. This leaves one digital coaxial and 1 rca left.

According to the Installation Guide for the 8000HD -
To set up sound, choose one of the following options -
*Connect sterso audio cables from the audio out left and right connectors on the 8000HD to the audio in left and right connectors on your HDTV.
*Connect and RCA Cable from the digital audio out on the 8000HD to the digital audio in on your HDTV or stero receiver
*Connect and optical digital audio cable from the optical audio out on the 8000HD to the optical audio in on your HDTV or stero receiver.

Ok I want to use option 2. Use the Digital Coaxial that I have and run sound back to my sterao receiver. When I get to the schematic in the back it show both options connected at the same time. Why is that? According to my cable company they say that i must do both. Does anyone know if I can just use the digital audio out and still get audio on all my channels.

I know this is my first post but any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason Snipes

Diggindude
Unregistered guest
the stereo left and right channels,should also be hooked up for grounding purposes.
The soun d will still be sent through the digital coax, and there is probly a setup for that in the receiver.

r_beagle
Unregistered guest
Anyone having trouble with the 8000HD and running the video thru an amplifier? I have a Yamaha RX-V1400 HT amp with component video switching and I only get a black screen when the component output of the 8000HD is sent to the amp. The previous cable box -the Explorer 3250HD - worked fine and I'm using the same cables to the same type of connectors (and they are all correctly inserted). The only solution so far has been to use another set of component inputs on the TV and skip by the amp for video. Makes it a pain to switch between various components DVD, DVD-R, cable, etc. and defeats a huge benefit of that particular amp - a single video out connector to the TV.
Suggestions?

Username: Mgcpa

Post Number: 1
I don't know how to hook up HDTV connections to my computer. I have an ATI AIW 8500DV and run the output through a ViewSonic PJ550 projector. It works great for regular cable, but I would like to try HDTV. Has anybody tried this?

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 26
You may want to also connect the standard audio cables from the STB to the TV (option 1) if you have those in your house that like to watch TV without turning on the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us