Dropping Sound

Bronze Member
Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 35
My MIT WS-48511 is picking up HDTV O-T-A. A couple of channels (Mainly NBC & TBS) are having the sound drop out repeatedly for brief instances. This is QUITE irratating. This seems to be something new. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this?

(Zipcode 30067-5552)

Unregistered guest
I have OTA HDTV and Comcast HDTV via their dual tuner(Motorola 6412) settop box. I have the same audio drop out problem OTA or cable on NBC. I've told Comcast but no luck. I feed the sound from my MIT WS-73909 from the OTA broadcasts to my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi via coax and the sound from the settop box to the same Pioneer via optical fiber. Again, different feeds but the same problem from NBC. I live in Alpharetta, GA so we are both receiving the same NBC feed. I still don't have a solution, do you?

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 67
It's probably the networks problem; I was watching CBS the other day (standard definition) and the sound kept cutting out and the video would skip sometimes too.

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 34
Hula, the fact that you hear the same problem OTA and with cable, it sounds like a network issue, like steven stated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us