Mitsubishi 52725 and fan noise

Username: Dmako

Post Number: 1
I seen some references to fan noise and the 62725, but what about the 52725?

I am would be using the 52 in a 12x20 foot room and am afraid that I might hear a lot of fan noise.

Can anyone with first hand experience comment?

Also I read that a fan is constantly running on the 62725, same with the 52? And if so, does anyone see any problem with unplugging the device during the day when no one is at home?

And while I'm asking, would the 52 be too big sitting 8 - 9 feet from it?

Thanks much, just hard to determine in a store.

Username: Mldemeo

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 7
Dave,

I have the 52725. There are two fans. One fan runs whether the TV is on, or off. The manual states that it will run continuously to keep components cool that operate even when the TV is off. It is very quiet. My TV is in the family room next to the kitchen. The fridge makes much more noise than the TV.

The other fan operates when the TV is on, and I believe is used to keep the bulb cool. It is quite loud. I've heard similiar complaints about all the DLP TV's. My TV is on the Mits stand and sits in a nook. I put a piece of acoustic tile, which I purchased at a music store, on the wall behind the TV. It helps some by absorbing the noise. My couch is 13 feet from the TV and with the TV volume up enough to hear it, the fan noise is not that noticable.

I don't thnk you will find the 52 too large at 8-9 ft. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the 62!

Mike.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply, Bite the bullet and will have my 52725 this Wednesday!

Username: Dvdphile

Seattle, WA USA

I bought the Mits 62725 on saturday and am fighting the noise issue. The bulb fan is much louder than my PC fan and can even be heard over the fridge. I'm going to give it the full week to see if my ear can ignore it, but I watch a lot of DVDs late at night and the fan is quite distracting.

Pfft, you'd think for the price of one of these systems that the manufacturer would address the fan noise issue. I modded my PC with fans that crank out more air with half the noise. Wise up Mits, yer losin customers over a cheap fan.

Username: Dara

I've had the 52725 for a week now, and I'm bailing on it. If the fan that runs all the time were the fan for the lamp and there were no other fans, that would be acceptable. But the fact that a fan runs on standby ALL THE TIME is absolutely outrageous - I did not know this before purchasing. The fan for the lamp is way louder than an RCA (HD50LPW162) I had for the week before (which had a color wheel noise that was intolerable though). I don't know what to try next - may move to direct LCD or projection LCD (same bulb, but no color wheel noise). Mitsubishi, I highly recommend you redesign the bulb fan, turn off the other fan when the thermosensor goes low enough, fix the tilt problem (which I have a bit of, see AVS Forum), and come up with a much lower glare screen (I shouldn't have to remove part of the TV to get an acceptable result. Oh yeah, redesign the tuner too - 4 seconds to channel lock is almost twice as slow as the RCA, a much cheaper TV.

Dara

Username: Hidefkindaguy

Phoenixville, PA

Post Number: 7
I have the also own the Mits 62825 and love the set, however the fan running when tv turned off is crazy! Anyone know why Mits does this, and what negative impact on tv life, performance etc if I turned off the power to the set so the fan won't run?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
"I have the also own the Mits 62825 and love the set, however the fan running when tv turned off is crazy! Anyone know why Mits does this, and what negative impact on tv life, performance etc if I turned off the power to the set so the fan won't run?"

I agree, my 52725 (returning, rainbows, fan) does the same.
What would happen if that fan malfunctioned?

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 3
The card fan (the one that runs all the time) is totally unnoticable on my 62725 -- I've even strained to listen for it. It makes me think that you may have a faulty (overly loud) fan in your set. My problem is the bulb fan, which I think may be much louder than others, though when I spoke to service they said it was normal.

I'm looking at plasma now. I know they have a fan but from what I'm told it's 10x quieter than a DLP bulb fan. Can anyone comment on the plasma fans?

PeteMP
Unregistered guest
I'm considering either the 52" or 62" in either the 725 or 825 series. My couch is about 15' from the set, but I'm not sure if it is worth the extra cost for the 62". I also don't know whether the 825 series is worth the extra cost vs. the 725.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Given the fan noise issue, would you recommend purchasing the Mitsubishi, or if not, what about Samsung?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Had a Mitsu 52725 and besides the rainbows could not stand hearing or the idea of a fan running ALL the time.

Makes me wonder what would happen if that fan failed.

And I heared it all the time.
My 2 cents

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 4
The fan that ran all the time wasn't much of an issue for me, but the bulb fan was. I've been told that all DLP have fan noise, and some brand out there was louder than mitsu (but I can't recall that brand right now, sorry).

At 15' I'd go 62725 if it were me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us