Contrast: How low is too low?

Bronze Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 34
I have a Toshiba 42HP83, it has 3 factory settings for contrast: Sports (100%), Standard (80%), Movie (50%), and Preference (I've set it to 25%). I have no problem watching the set at 25% contrast (with the lights off), but am I actually doing anything to preserve the longevity of the set?

Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 3
The general consensus seems to be that lowering the contrast and brightness controls will result in a longer lasting set. If appropriately adjusted, this will also dramatically improve your picture. You must also tightly control the room light. Purchase or borrow a copy of Digital Video Essentials. It will aid you in setting all parameters.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 11
I also have that tv, and I lower my contrast to about 45 and so on, check out that DVD video

Username: Clickcardo

Post Number: 2
I'm looking at the 42HP84 which is the next, very similar model, in that line. Can you all tell me how you like yours and where you bought them?

The next Toshiba owner.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 14
this is a great tv, I can't say nothing but nice things about them, I just had my mounted on the wall and I think it looks very nice, colors are bright and sharp and the picture quality is amazing, get it I don't like the 84's design, it's all silver and it's got some huge speakers on the side of it. just my .2 cents.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us