Vcr to dvd copying

Unregistered guest
I would like to copy VHS tapes (encrypted mostly) to DVD. Legal...I think not..but needs to be done. Is this the way to go?>>> Hook up stand alone VCR to SIMA GODVD! CT-2 (encoder to take out Macrovision) to Computer/laptop to ADS Tech Instant DVD 2.0 - external usb connection (for VHS video capture (USBAV-702-EF)) to DVD Burner(Plexor 12X DVD+RW/-RW ext USB 2.0 #PL712UF/SW). What is this DVD Red Pro I read about? Is that instead of the SIMA GODVD! CT-2? So confused !!!! The only thing that I have already bought is the DVD burner for the computer (external). Everything else can be up to whoever knows the best equipment to use. Will $500.00 cover everything else? PLease tell me what to order? (US not UK)

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 438
Buy a standalone, it's alot cheaper tham $500.

Unregistered guest
I want to copy some encrypted vhs tapes onto DVD I have a pc with dvd and a standalone dvd which software can I use to do the job

Anonymous

I am looking for VCR with S-video output. The DVD/VCR combos I've seen seem to limit S-video output to the DVD portion. Any help with brand name and prices will be appreciated.

Anonymous

You can only find the S-video connection on Super VHS machines or Digital VHS machines.

Omc
Unregistered guest
I want to copy from VHS to CD can I do it using a Computer with CDRW? If yes, how can I do that? Do I need special software or Hardware besides the VCR and the Computer with the CDRW?

Username: Fonseca

Post Number: 1
I HAVE A HP 4500 VHS TO DVD TRANSFER MACHINE, HOWEVER ANY PROTECTED (MACROVISION) TAPE IS NOT TRANSFERED.SOMEBODY MENTIONED SOME LITTLE BOX TO BE INSTALLED AT VCR RCA OUTPUT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM.SOMEBODY KNOWS WHERE TO BUY IT THAT BOX IN THE STATES ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
Look on e-bay, or just do a search for digital video stabilizers.

Unregistered guest
I WANT TO COPY HOME VIDEOS (VCR) TO DVD.
I HAVS A BELKIN USB VIDEOBUS FOR VIDEO CAPTURE.
WHAT IS THE BEST PROGRAM TO USE

Unregistered guest
I own an Panasonic VCR/DVD machine. It has an S-connector and it is not considered a Super VHS machines or Digital VHS machine. It does connect to my computer thru the video card's s-connector.

Unregistered guest
I have a Bell & Howell VCR. I would like to hook it up to my HP Media Center PC so I can copy my movies to DVD. I thought my computer had everything, but I can't get it right. Help.

Unregistered guest
I too already have the Videobus, but am having a shocking time trying to capture vcr to the pc using VideowaveSE 4.0.

I am getting the Video fine, but the audio is non existent.

Can someone please email me at fatabbott30@bigpond.com and help me with this problem?

I have heaps of vcr tapes that I want to convert to dvd, but cant get started.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

-Paul.

Anonymous

Having a simialar problem witht the Videobus and video wave. I'm getting audio, but it doesn't match up with the video. It starts out fine, but the longer the video plays, the farther apart the audio is from the video. Any ideas?

Username: The_spud

Hi, folks - New here. Have been skulking for a couple of weeks and want to ask a question regarding VHS to DVD copying with video stabilzers (home use, of course)..

I want to build my system from the ground up, using the most appropriate stabilizer as the base unit and THEN selecting the VCR and DVD recorder components that best suits the stabilizer.....to get consistent results (hopefully).

What I've learned, so far, from your posts:
1. S-Video connections are better than composite (and one should use the best connectors).
2. AC powered stabilizers better than battery-powered.
3. You get what you pay for, (ie., the more expensive stabilizers work better than the cheaper ones ($70.00+ vs. $40.00-).

To contribute to our deliberations, I am posting the websites for the products most mentioned (and what I seem to hit over and over again when searching on the internet).

1. Clarifier -
> http://www.smr-group.co.uk/articles/macrovision_filter_01.html
> This looks like someone's garage invention, but maybe a good one??? England,
> only...? PAL, only??
>
> 4. DVD Red Pro -
> http://www.videomagicii.com/faq.htm
> Go to their product section and look at the Ultra - (http://www.videomagicii.com/videoultra.htm) This seems more solid (at least to me).
>
> 6. Video ClearZone (just found this one, today...hmmmmmm....but it's from
> Europe...I may not be able to buy it with confidence.) http://www.varitech.nl/index_en.htm?index_en/menu.htm&index_en/top.htm&videoclea r_en/index.htm
>
> 7. Clearpix stabilizer -
> http://www.checkhere22.com/stabilizer.html
> One of the little cheapies...

OK.. Now here's the situation:
I am interested in the broadest functionality (at least NTSC/PAL detection and clean pass-though of the signal by the stabilizer...cleaned of the macrovision and what-all copyright protection).

If you had to choose one VCR one stabilizer and one DVD recorder together, which brands and models would you choose to result in the most consistent performance?

Remember: there are other factors (tape condition, signal strength, cables, etc.) that can affect outcome. I realize that. What I am proposing is to eliminate the errors resulting from VCR-to-stabilizer-to-DVD compatibility issues. The rest I will deal with.

I have emailed Video Magic to ask if they have a recommendation, but their response was rather hostile and abrubt, leading me to wonder if they have tested their product on anything or if they fear some sort of legal action. As they put it:
"We are NOT in the business of recommending systems.
Sorry,
Star Development"

So I presume that other vendors will be like-minded.

So, anyone have a favorite or known combination of VCR, stabilizer, and DVD recorder? Will making sure the VCR and DVD recorder are from the same manufacturer help?

Thanks for your time, folks!

The Spud

Unregistered guest
I have a new computer with an ATI Radeon X300 card, which i think captures video. I do not have a video camera but yet i want to transfer my home videos onto my computer so i can burn them to DVD. How do i do this just using my VCR and my computer. What is an s-video cable that everyone is talking about?

MerKat
Unregistered guest
I also have vhs that I want to copy to DVD via my DVD+RW drive. I have a composite/s-video cable connected to my Sanyo VCR (Composite) and my HP Pavilion notebook (S-video). My notebook cannot detect the VCR and I'd rather not buy anything more. What can I do to fix the problem?

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to figure out how to hookup my VCR to my laptop. Is this even possible? I want to take lots of old home movies and turn them into a DVD as a gift for my mother-in-law. I know you can buy a converter that converts analog to digital data.

However, I just purchased a new laptop (a Toshiba with TV tuner, one of the Qosimo ones) and it would seem to me that I SHOULD be able to just hook the VCR up to the laptop and record. The instruction manual with the laptop barely tells you how to hook your tv up as a monitor, and it certainly doesn't go into VCR territory. If anyone can give me some information on how to go about doing this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Username: Bograt

Follow up post

Now heres my problem.

I have Nero & PVR for doing video capture and have been going along quite happily copying video footage from my camcorder using Composit.

But now I have some old VHS tapes and decided I would copy them over before the quality goes or the VHS recorder eats the tape.

I have conected the cables that where going into audio & video out on my camcorder to the audio & video out on the vhs. I get sound but get no picture????

I have also tried to use a scart attachement to composit Audio in video out wasnt sure if it would work ( and get nothing. )

Can anybody help me with this issue as I don't have a clue what to do now. The capture / tv card I have does have svcd on it but I have not been able to find a lead that goes from scart or composit to svcd.

Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 24
I have a pinnacle PCTV 300i and I wand to connect my vcr to my computer so that I can throw away my old television and maybe I could capture my vcr so that I can convert them to DVD. I already connected the VCR to the pc using an RGB that goes to the TV-Card and an audio cable that is connected to the audion line in in my audio card.

Unregistered guest
i dont no if u can help. but at home i am trying to copy my films from Video to DVD, i have a realmagic hollywood plus card, and i have the scart to rcb and normal earphone plug lead. the card is installed, comes with a program but that dont, work so is there another program u suggest and how do i copy from vcr to dvd by pc

rebop
Unregistered guest
Hello. You can use the XV266VS3 card instead of composite/Svideo. That will work fine. Get a HP EasyVideo DBR6 cable system and record your X movies without XVW scart interference. Those cam be found at RadioShack for under $40. If the video and audio misalign, tune your computer with the fine-tuning system provided in the Start/Prorams/Accessories/System Tools file. Search for Video Connections, and you're done!!!

ChuckL
Unregistered guest
My brother ordered 2 DVD Red Pro units for Christmas, one for him and one for me, from the dimax website. (they were sent from Isreal). For the first couple of days after getting the unit, he was trying to copy some VHS to DVD movies using Go.Video VHS/DVD combo to record to RCA DVD +R recorder/player (DRC8000???).

The box would indicate the macrovision was being stopped, by the RCA player kept telling him that he could not record the movies due to the Copyright Protection. So I got nervous thinking he had just been swindled.

Well yesterday I went over to check out the hook up and found the problem. He had the DVD Red Pro hooked up correctly, but besides that input, he also had the antenna hook up that ran from the GO.Video out to the RCA antenna in (for satellite hook-up). The macrovision signal was also being sent along that hook-up, which was preventing the taping.

Once we unhooked the antenna hook-up and only had the Go.Video and RCA inter-connected with the DVD Red Pro (and audio cables), the problem was solved and it worked as advertised.

I have read some of the previous threads on this site where some people were experiencing the same problem of still getting the Macrovision message even though the unit appeared to be operating properly. I hope this solution helps.

Username: Kent1944

I just got a sylvania ssr90v4 combo dvd recorder for christmas. I am thinking of buying the sima ct-2 godvd video enhancer to copy my old vhs tapes to dvd. I have an old vhs player. can I hook the ct-2 to that and then to my combo recorder and use it as an outside source to record? thanks kent

underworld01
Unregistered guest
Best way i have found to convert is go to www.newegg.com get you a video capture card search the ones with the best prices and best compliments i use comprogold now the easy part installing unless you plan to use your computer as a video capture tool via hdtv etc... no need to do no wiring just take side panel off and incert the pci card in one of the empty slots now all you got to do is start the computer install the cd with the drivers reboot hook your vcr to the stabilizer (radio shack) has a cheap one then hook from the stabilizer to your computer.
I usually convert to mpegII then run dr divx to convert to divx avi since one can not get good quality movies on one pass other than vcd,svcd,mpeg1,mpeg2, .And if your a cheap o like me Wal-mart has a dvd player samsung for $59.00 bucks that plays all formats dvd,divx avi,mpeg4,mpeg2,mpeg1,svcd,vcd,mp3,and audio cd, stock number is dvp642/37. now i can burn alot a movies to cd-r cheper or put alot on a dvd-r other than just one.

JoBeth
Unregistered guest
If I buy an RCA DRC 8300 recorder stand anone, what else do I need to be able to convert VHS movie to DVD blank? I read some of the above, but terms are above my head...Have copied dvds on my computer, now want to do this for some of my old VHSs... remember my knowledge of terms are minimal....thanks so much....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2393
Stay away from anything RCA, you'll regret it later.

Username: Vanran

Using Canopus AVDC110 analog to dig. converter. Has an unpublish feature of holding down the analog/dv input for 20 seconds will override the macrovision (copywrite Protection) My problem is I am new at this and I don't know if I have the correct capture software and what kind of file I should save to avi. ntsc, mpeg, etc to convert a 2hr vhs to dvd with at least equal quality. I have Roxio meadia creator 7 and have captured to a mpeg file that ends up being about 7gb. When I try to burn to a 4.7gb dvd it says file to big. I am missing something and I don't know what to do next.

Username: Thelocalsatguy

Post Number: 9
interesting

Bronze Member
Username: Bowlingdad

Post Number: 14
where can I get a Canopus AVDC110?

Bronze Member
Username: Bowlingdad

Post Number: 15
Try using VHS2DVD Ncrypt -1.2

Username: July

Post Number: 4
I have ordered the DVD Red PRO http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html
and received it very quickly. And it is working flawlessly without any problems. I'm wary happy with it.

Username: No_tech_skills

I just purchased a Sima Go DVD and it works extremly well. I recommend it to anyone. I can/have copied all my vhs collection to dvd and I have copied my husband pal dvds to NTSC and I haven't had one problem. It is SOOOO easy to install and setup. IT is a must have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us