AKAI PT5492 Service menu question

Username: Dink

Post Number: 1
This is a lengthy post, so I will apologize upfront. I knew something was amiss because I thought I had exited the service menu earlier in the day but increasing the volume, while watching a DVD, was causing the image to ghost with green. I had been previously working in the advanced convergence menu (Mute 183) as I have several times before. In trying to figure out this mode problem, I somehow caused the TV to be out of convergence and still stuck in a mode(?) that responds like it is always in a convergence adjustment mode.

With the TV in normal operating mode, Pressing "1","2" or "3" causes the TV to change channels AND also adjusts the convergence to the corresponding "no adjustment", "factory" or "saved" setting. This wouldn't be a huge deal given that I only use channel 3 and a different remote, except that all three setting are a mess.

The best description is probably what I see in the advanced convergence grid. Pressing "1" makes the grid have horizontal and vertical white bars in the middle 4x4 and diverging RGB lines elsewhere. Pressing "2" or "3" makes the grid have all white horizontal bars everywhere but offset RGB vertical bars everywhere (these vertical bars are practically straight and seem to be "offset" from each other).

It seems like I have two issues: 1)one is that I am always in some kind of service mode and 2) that my previously saved convergence seems completely offset horizontally.

Regarding the first issue, S.Mode takes me out of the advanced convergence mode, but I can't determine how to exit the general service menu short of turning the TV off (this may or maynot be a problem). I left the TV unplugged overnight with no improvement.

Regarding the second issue, I don't think I adjusted any of the values in the Picture, Picture2, etc. menus. It seems that I could go through the advanced convergence and line everything up, but I am hesitant because I feel like I stumbled into some mode that might be much simpler (and appropriately) turned-off or switched back.

If all else fails, I am under a Sams Club extended warranty and I guess my ...ummm... 6 year-old nephew must have gotten ahold of the remote ;-)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Post Number: 2
I forgot to mention. Going through off-Mute 182 then Reset does not have any impact to the situation.

Post Number: 3
Also thought I should add one more observation. If I enter the 9 point red or blue manual convergence, I see a white horizontal line and three veritcal lines - one red, one green, one blue. No change appears to occur from trying to use either red or blue manual convergence.

Username: Donshort

Post Number: 1
I have an AKAI PT5492S,while watching,the screen went blank and the sound is gone.In other words,"nuthin".I have since managed to get the timer light on,but that's it. I have left unplugged for hours,no luck. Does anyone have any clues,it's football season.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us