Copying DVD to DVD recorder with internal harddrive

qwerty
Unregistered guest
How can I copy dvd's using only 1 dvd player. I want to use my dvd recorder to play the dvd and record it to my harddrive then record it from my harddrive to a dvd rw disc, but there is copy protection so does anyone know if or how a video stabilizer will solve my problem or do i need to use another dvd player with my recorder?
Thanks
qwerty

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 428
Take that stabilizer money and buy a burner. The PC will make far better copies even if you shrink them, if you don't shrink it will make perfect copies.

qwerty
Unregistered guest
thanks for that idea but my computer is a pile of well i'd rather not say and it would more expensive to upgrade it to do more than slowly burn cds Do you know then if i can copy dvds using only 1 dvd player with the internal or if i have to hook up a second dvd player?
thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
If they are retail DVDs you would need a seperate player and a stabilizer, if they aren't retail then you can do it all on the recorder.

qwerty
Unregistered guest
Great thanks alot!

qwerty
Unregistered guest
Do you know if the Sima stabilizer removes macrovision? Or I guess which stabilizer would you suggest?
Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
It's supposed to, I haven't used one. It depends on the recorder as to how sensitive it is to copy protection. I've got a $20 cheapo stabilizer I've had for a decade that will only work with videotapes not DVDs when using the Panasonic DVD recorder, works fine on DVDs with the JVC though.

wilsky
Unregistered guest
Much like when you connect a VCR to a dvd recorder, can you connect a dvd player to the recorder and copy a dvd movie. i know there is an encryption protecting you from doing that but is there a way to get around this without using a computer (mine is no good). by the way my dvd recorder doesnt have harddrive built in. Thanks.

Anonymous

Yes. Go to:

http://www.dimax.com/

Pick the DVD Red PRO. It'll get rid of the macrovision/copywrite protection. Well worth the money! Check out their compatibility list, and if you don't see your DVD Recorder on there, just E-mail the staff and ask if your DVD Recorder is compatible or not. I only hear good things about this product.

Dave JSV
Unregistered guest
Sorry, that would be:

http://xdimax.com/common/default.html

wilsky
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot for the help. I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us