Dvr to dvd recorder help?

Username: Soonerfanjk

Post Number: 1
i was directed here from another forum, and was told you guys might be able to help

i have comcast digital cable in the dallas area...and have the motorola brand "dual dvr" box. i just recently bought a Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR-E85.

i'm having a problem getting the two properly connected. here's why...

the dvr box does not have a cable "out" connector, normally i'd run the cable from the wall to the "in" on the dvr, then run a cable out and to the "in" on the dvd recorder, and then out to the tv.

prior to purchasing the dvd recorder, the cable signal was going to the tv from the dvr with the red/white/yellow cables and nothing else.

the dvd recorder manual says that i need those cables to go from the in on the recorder to the out on the dvr. i ran the green/blue/red cable from the dvr to the tv and am getting the picture using those cables, but am not sure how to get the dvr box to "talk" to the dvd recorder.

any help would be appreciated.

JK

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 418
Hook the RCA jacks, or better yet an s-video cable if possible, from the DVR out to the DVD recorder, then set the recorder on whatever input you connected the DVR to. If it has 2 outputs connect the other one to the TV. If it only has 1 output then think about getting a video switcher, then you won't have to have the recorder on to watch the DVR.

Unregistered guest
Currently using a DISH 508 DVR . Is there any way I can output saved recordings from my DVR directly to my computer's hard drive without utilizing a hardware device such as ElGato EyeTV400. Using EyeTV 400, I can record directly from the SAT output on my SAT receiver directly to my Mac. But I would like to bypas the EyeTV solution of having to record on the EyeTV device. Anyone have a solution?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us