Hdtv, size of monitor???

PSU828694
Unregistered guest
I recently sold off my Toshiba 50H71 to upgrade to a widescreen. I have Comcast cable with the Hi-def. When I watched on my 4:3 screen, obviously it was shrunk, the picture looked great, especially on football games. The new t.v. is a Hitachi 57S715.

With the old set I used component cables that were supplied from Comcast. For the new t.v., I bucked up and purchased the DVI to HDMI Monster cable for $119.00. (I may be returning it for a cheaper cable, different story though). Well back to the new t.v. The Hitachi is nowhere near the quality picture as my other. Does Hi-def distort on a larger screen?? Please decipher, I am considering returning and dipping into DLP technology (which really is not in my budget) or buying the Toshiba 57" widescreen CRT model 57H84. A part of me thinks it could be Toshiba has better HDTV??

Username: Cyberuff

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 6
As for you question I have no clue. MY question is Why are you returning the Monster Cable? DOn't see a noticable difference? I am Thinking about Buying the same cable myself because Right now I'm using some $20 DVI to HDMI cable and I think it sucks. Let me know.

Anonymous

"The Hitachi is nowhere near the quality picture as my other. Does Hi-def distort on a larger screen??"
First of all, can you explain how the Hitachi quality is worse? Are you saying it is worse for SD picture?
Based on your post, there are many possibilities. I know Comcast does not turn on the DVI output in many areas. Are you using the zoom or stretch feature to watch the 4x3 SD programs?
Try to connect with component cables and pick a channel you know is in HD and make sure the aspect ratio is set to 16x9.

psu828694
Unregistered guest
The new picture is way more "hazy" not as sharp. When watching football on my old 4:3 Hd set, I could see individual arm hairs or clearly read tattoos of players. With the new set it is not that clear when in HD mode.

I absolutely have it connected properly and have 16:9 set right. I just had a service tech out today. I'm thinking of returning it, and going DLP or the Toshiba 57H84 CRT. Also, the new analog pictures are unwatchable. I'm really beside myself with what to do. The service tech said my old 4:3 with the bars and smaller screen will look better than a 16:9 57" larger screen.

Please respond! Thanks

Anonymous

What did the service tech say about the TV? Did he think that is the best you new TV can do? I am curious. Was there anything he could do or adjust? Is he a TV tech or a cable tech? Again, have you tried using the component connections? I agree, returning at RPCRT is a hassle and I know Hitachi makes good TV. I am very surprise to hear that a HD TV display worse HD PQ than a SD TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us