Which video capture software do you think is best?

Username: Tdoran70

NJ

Post Number: 7
Hello all,

I recently purchased and Adaptec VideOh! PCI AVC-2010 card so that I could transfer a number of VHS tapes to DVD. It came with a software package from Sonic called MyDVD version 5.2. I have used this package to capture video from my VCR, Create a menu screen for the DVD and edit the chapters for easier searching. I haven't really been blown away by the results so far. I am using OLD VHS tapes so I wasn't expecting miracles but I also wasn't expecting the DVD picture to be so blocky. I am recording using there BEST record quality MPEG-2 6 Mbps. The last tape I made was about 2hrs. 46min. in length but was well over 6GB in size. This forced me to use DVD shrink to get it to fit on one DVD. I know that that will also take away from the picture quality as well. It just seemed very dramatic. So I guess I have 2 questions for everyone:

1.) Is there a better video capture program out there or is this the best I can get?

2.) Should I stop whining and try to keep my captures closer to 2hrs.?

I am still very new at this so any input (other than sarcastic - ha, got you) is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Thomas Doran:confused;
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us