Dvd rw/mini dv camcorder

I have a Sony mini dv camcorder. I was recording the mini dv tape to my vcr. If I get a dvd rw will I be able to record the mini dv tape to a dvd. I thought I would be able to download the entire minidv tape to the computer but can only download clips and then edit.. I would like to record the entire tape to a dvd. Recording to a dvd rw will be so much easier than using the computer. Please email jcastoro@bellsouth.net.

Anonymous
Yes. Here is the excerpt from the DVDPlusRW FAQ

Quote:

Can I directly make digital copies of digital sources like MiniDV or Digital8?
When your DVD+R/+RW recorder contains an i.Link digital video input, you can directly connect a digital home video source (like a MiniDV or Digital8 camcorder) and feed the digital video into the recorder. The video will automatically be re-encoded into MPEG2 for DVD-Video compatibility. When using the highest quality level, there will be no visible difference between the original source and the recording on the DVD+RW disc. In accordance with the i.Link/DV standard, you can only feed DV format video into the i.Link input, but MPEG video (such as the video from a MicroMV camcorder) or other video formats are not supported.

I have a Sony mini dv trv80. I have tried to transfer movies to my computer to edit then make DVD's from. The problem is that whatever software I use, ie: Sony's supplied Pixlar software, Unlead Studio, whatever quality setting, ie: Higest no compression, I don't get good quality movies. When I play the movies thru the camera to the TV, looks good, but when I play a captured and converted version, on TV or computer, dosen't look as good.
How can I get High Quality movies from my Mini DV camera to my DVD player??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hello,

can you record from a mini dv to one of those new dvd camcorders? if so, how long is the record time on those things?

thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us