question about ISF display calibration on Samsung DLP

Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 3
I recently bought a Samsung HLP5063 DLP TV, and was advised to do this ISF calibration after 100 hours or so on the set. We were charged $325 for it, and it hasn't been done yet, because the guy is still trying to get the codes to get into our particular model. Anyway, my question is this overkill, because I've recently heard of several different discs you can buy that will do a similar job. This is all new to me as this my first HD TV. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 160
It really depends on if you feel you need an absolute "perfect" picture. 90% of the population is happy with out the the box performance. The other 10% feel they can get better performance and tweek their sets. less than 1% feel need to have an absolute perfect picture. A lot of those people come to these forums. The Tune-up discs like AVIA and DVE do an excellent job, but do not approach what a well trained expert can give you.

I'd recommend trying one of the discs first. If you are happy with the results it will save you a lot of money. I used the Digital Video Essensials disc ($25) and I was very happy with the results. Just this last week a buddy of mine got his ISF certification I let him adjust my set. It looked better, but I don't think I would have paid the $250-$400 his company would normally charge.

Just go with what will make you happy with your new TV.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us