Problems with Toshiba 50H81 Projection TV...HELP PLZ

Trav
Unregistered guest
Tv has been great up until a few months ago. Started getting a flickering (digitized, blocky...sometimes would go black completely) of the screen, at first thought it was my cable connection. Got a new box and worked well for a month or so when the problem came back. Checked on the back of tv where the connection panel (lower right) is and as I was pushing these connections in I noticed the screen flicker. Thought I might have a solder going bad but didn't want to screw it up even more. There seems to be no direct pattern of when this problem will occur, sometimes for several days all would be good, others it would be unbearable. My usual fix would be to tap on the connection panel (in the back) a little and screen would return to normal. However, I did that this morning and now the screen is black and the power led light on the front of the tv is blinking. I managed to get the screen to come to life a little but it was like looking at the aurora borealis.....had red, blue and white lines making all sorts of funky patterns.

Could this still be an easy solder solution?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us