High pitch noise in Samsung HL-P5063

Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 1
I've had this TV a few weeks now and it's had this high pitched humming type noise that is very apparent if the TV is muted, but also can be heard when TV is at fairly low volume, or a quiet part in whatever is being viewed. The store I bought it from said it was the power supply. It's not. Two different people from Samsung said it's the color wheel, and it's normal. I can hear it ten feet in front of the TV when at low volume. Another person at Samsung that I talked to today said they didn't think I should be able to hear it that far away. Has anyone else heard this noise, and is it normal? I'm o.k. with it if it's normal, but I can't seem to get the same answer from everyone. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Jimbo in Dallas
Unregistered guest
I was told the HLPXX63 Models supposedly fixed the noisy color wheel problem. I have a 4663 that's perfectly quiet. I would not be satisfied with your situation. It is not NORMAL.

Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 2
Thanks for reponding. When I called Samsung the other day they offered to send a technician out to check it, which I guess is o.k. but the TV is less than a month old, so maybe I should make the store take it back. But then I might get another one making the same noise. Any advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us