What to buy???

Bronze Member
Username: Lytalbayre

Post Number: 14
I currently own a Panasonic DVD-F65K 5 disc DVD player. It's a pretty darn good player, but I have a feeling it's on it's last leg. I will be looking to upgrade or at least replace pretty soon.

I can probably get a pretty good deal on a Toshiba SD-5700 for under $100. What's your guys take on this player?

Also, I've had good experience with the Panny, so I was thinking of upgrading to one of their newer models of DVD players.

I want other suggestions though. I am looking for something that is relatively inexpensive (less than $150), plays SACD, DVD-Audio, HDCD, Progressive scan with good image quality, etc. I heard the Pioneer 578A-s was a good player.

Please all, point me in the right direction.

Also, what's your guys' take on multi-disc players? A lot of people say that single disc players have better image quality because they often incorporate disc stabilizers and the such that multi-disc players dont....

Again, direction please?

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 241
When DV-578A replaced DV-563A, it was received with mixed emotions. Pioneer downgraded the DACs, but on the other hand some say better bass management and video processing. Due to their popularity, you can find lots of info in this and other forums.

I have the DV-565A (EU model). It does not do HDCD (i.e. it reads them like an ordinary CD).

Cheers
AL

Unregistered guest
What would cause my Hitachi DV-P315U13 DVD player to start stopping during play. It happened continually through the video to the point I had to turn it off.This DVD was bought at the end of 2001 and never played more than 20-25 DVD's. This problem occured after getting a new TV. Whether or not that has any bearing on it or not I don't know.I know very little about DVD players and am terribly upset that this is happening.Can anybody give me some advice. I am a senior and don't know what to do.

Thank you very much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us