Pls help- I have a Durabrand TV/DVD-which recorder should I buy?

Anonymous

Hi All, I am completely ignorant when it comes to computers/technology so please bear with me...

I have purchased a Durabrand TV/DVD combo and am now looking for a DVD recorder that will record movies off another tv (and digital box) on rewritable disks.

My question is what brand of recorder should I buy that will produce CDs that I can play in my Durabrand TV/DVD combo? All I want to do is record movies and watch them.

Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 364
A Durabrand may or may not play rewritable discs. First thing to do is check the owners manual and see if it will play DVD-RW or DVD+RW discs.

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I checked the manual and there is no information about DVD-RW or DVD+RW. Would you have any other suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
All I can say is try to get an RW disc and see if it will play. Compatibility with RW discs isn't as high as it is with DVD-R discs. Most new name brand standalones will play RW discs, but I wouldn't bet on a Durabrand combo playing them. Maybe it will and maybe it won't.

Anonymous

I sure appreciate your help.

So, when I go to the store to buy the recorder I should ask for a DVD-R recorder? Or, should I ask for a DVD-R + DVD-RW recorder? I feel like a moron (you'll notice I didn't include my name!).

Could you tell me exactly what I need to ask the person for?

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
Rewritable discs are RWs and don't have as high compatibility with players as DVD-R discs do. DVD-R discs can only be written 1 time, but have higher compatibility than RW discs. All recorders record to RW and R as far as I know. DVD-R and DVD+R are probably just personal preference mostly.

Anonymous

Now I get it! I will let you know how it works out with the Durabrand.

Thanks so much for your help!

Unregistered guest
Hi my son has a 13" tv with video recorder.serial#055420601886 B.

The remote channel changer is worn out I have topunch in numbers to change channels.please let me know what remote I can buy that will work that's cheap price.

Unregistered guest

The remote channel changer is worn out I have topunch in numbers to change channels.please let me know what remote I can buy that will work that's cheap price.

Unregistered guest

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
One For All remotes have the highest compatibility.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us