Purchased Mits WD-62725

Forrest
Unregistered guest
Purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and just had VOOM installed for HDTV use.

Works great. No problems found so far.

Bought it at Brandsmart for $3,495. Yes, the 725 model.

Only real problems I have found is that the TV responds a bit slow to remote control commands. I was forced to reset the TV twice the first 3 days due to freezing up. It does not have DVI - but it does have HDMI with audio inputs for DVI using an adapter cable, so all is good with my receiver...

As for PQ. I picked it over the Sami, Toshiba & other lines. I wanted the best I could get for $6K & below that was 65-50 inches. I looked at them all, and even had the stores (BestBuy and Brandsmart) swap the cables on the back to make sure my favorite sets were getting the same video quality. This is the set I chose - strickly based on Picture Quality, features and appearance. IN that order.

Only thing I noticed that was weird, the manual has 12 paragraphs on the back panel - the first 5 of which are missing from the manual. Also one of the S-Video jacks is covered with a metal plate - but not in the manual. If you bend the metal edge back, you can actually use the S-video jack - which is located behind the tiny metal plate. Strange...

Bye the way - VOOM is the way to go. I find myself watching the stupidist HD channels just because the PQ and sound is so amazing. They have channels which just play screen-savors & fishtanks in HD that make a great background. They came out & did an excellent installation job, installed a oversize dish with an oversize OTA antenna. Perfect job - cabling in the walls, faceplates, etc.

It also helps to have old SD-movies in HDTV on a set that large to avoid pixelation / distortion.

The 5 or so different format/display modes do help with the SD signals greatly, enabling you to find something pleasing (mostly) no matter how horrible the source SD signal (especially when I had Adelphia).

Overall - the complaint about reflection from the screen shield is negligable. No more then my old picture-tube tv. I don't even notice it unless the TV is turned off, and the Mits is in a room with 6 windows and a dbl sliding glass door directly across from it.

I would recommend not making the set too high though. I noticed a PQ difference between a 30"high stand and a 20" high stand.

Unregistered guest
Hi Forest,
Much congrats and envie.
I've been searching for my perfect (affordable)TV for a couple of months and getting sick and tired of visiting electronic stores. Now, down to Sony 55XS LCD or Mitsu 62725.
You said $3,495? Does it include the rebate from Voom?
How about xtended warranty?
Info is hugely appreciated.

Username: Jnunezec

Post Number: 2
With the 62725 being out for a couple of months now, I was wondering if $4397 out the door is a good deal? Price includes 62725, matching stand, 5-year warranty, component cable, second remote, and tax. Your thoughts on this is appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us